By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

All three were pretty close, I'd give Sony the edge because they showed excalty what I wanted: The Last Guardian, GT5+GTPSP, God of War III, Uncharted 2, MGS: PW, etc. ModNation Racers' track creator looked very interesting also. They screwed up big time with the motion sensing thing, it looks bad and it was demoed even worse

Nintendo showed some games, but I don't care much about most of them, except for Golden Sun DS which I await anxiously. Still, it was a huge improvement over last year's E3. Their biggest "what the fuck" moment was those 5-10 minutes dedicated to the Vitality Sensor...what a waste

Microsoft didn't have many games I care about either, but Forza 3 and Crackdown 2 look good. They showed some nice multiplats (Beatles? Yes, please), but I'm not too keen on their announcements (couldn't care less about Halo Reach)
Natal looked better than Sony's thing, but I'm still unsure how that's gonna work, and I really doubt many games will use it

Around the Network
FKNetwork said:
AE86 said:
I love Forza 2 and while I'm super excited for Forza 3, after that trailer for GT5 revealing tons of improvements, I've gotta say GT5 is definitely winning this race.

Sorry but NO WAY!!!!

That GT5 trailer made Forza 3 look amazing tbh, far from impressed with gt5 judging by that video, no release date, no new details, pants....

GT5 cars look very good and replays do too but in game is not that good, forza 3 easily surpasses it in every possible way, more features, more tracks, proper damage, liverys, decals, auction house, the huge online community, better gameplay and physics, need I go on?

No new details? Lol...

From that trailer alone they added JGTC, WRC, and Nascar elements to the game, as well as damage which is HUGE and weather.

Forza 3's count of 400 cars will be pathetic compared to GT5's, considering GT psp has 800 cars I think GT5 will match or exceed that. Which blows Forza's measely numbers out of the water.

More tracks? Wtf? GT5 is rumoured to have 70-100 tracks....Forza 3 has what, 30? how many are real?

More features? Nothing has been revealed about Forza, theres is no info on a rally section (which GT5 has) a real drifting section (which GT5 has) a Grand Touring style section (which GT5 has) or a lolnascar section (which GT5 has), GT5 is also confirmed to have TV, news and tons of other features, while Forza 3 has nothing confirmed.

GT5 has damage now if you were paying any attention to the trailer which judging by your post you weren't.

GT5 will obviously have liverys since it supports JGTC...and an auction house...and a bigger online community (seeing as how it will massively outsell Forza)

Gameplay and phsyics are debatable as neither of this games are released. Every other one of your points is wrong though.

AE86 said:
FKNetwork said:
AE86 said:
I love Forza 2 and while I'm super excited for Forza 3, after that trailer for GT5 revealing tons of improvements, I've gotta say GT5 is definitely winning this race.

Sorry but NO WAY!!!!

That GT5 trailer made Forza 3 look amazing tbh, far from impressed with gt5 judging by that video, no release date, no new details, pants....

GT5 cars look very good and replays do too but in game is not that good, forza 3 easily surpasses it in every possible way, more features, more tracks, proper damage, liverys, decals, auction house, the huge online community, better gameplay and physics, need I go on?

No new details? Lol...

From that trailer alone they added JGTC, WRC, and Nascar elements to the game, as well as damage which is HUGE and weather.

Forza 3's count of 400 cars will be pathetic compared to GT5's, considering GT psp has 800 cars I think GT5 will match or exceed that. Which blows Forza's measely numbers out of the water.

More tracks? Wtf? GT5 is rumoured to have 70-100 tracks....Forza 3 has what, 30? how many are real?

More features? Nothing has been revealed about Forza, theres is no info on a rally section (which GT5 has) a real drifting section (which GT5 has) a Grand Touring style section (which GT5 has) or a lolnascar section (which GT5 has), GT5 is also confirmed to have TV, news and tons of other features, while Forza 3 has nothing confirmed.

GT5 has damage now if you were paying any attention to the trailer which judging by your post you weren't.

GT5 will obviously have liverys since it supports JGTC...and an auction house...and a bigger online community (seeing as how it will massively outsell Forza)

Gameplay and phsyics are debatable as neither of this games are released. Every other one of your points is wrong though.

Wow! you got loads of info from that whole 1 minute of GT5 footage they showed lol, Forza 3 was shown for almost 20 minutes including on stage demo actually playing and video of the video maker, not something pre-made for the show like GT5 lol,

If i want rally I will buy dirt 2, GT5 is trying to compete on too many levels, won't end well with the reviews, mark my words, forza 3 will get a higher score (on average over more than 10 reviews)....

DirtyP2002 said:
  1. MS (MGS, Milo/Natal, Crackdown2, Left 4 Dead 2, Splinter Cell, Alan Wake)
  2. Sony (Last Guardian, FF14 (though Online), Agent (without any gameplay / teaser / trailer) Motion control)
  3. Nintendo (Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario 2D-stuff, Metroid)

E3 is about announcements and MS announced not only the most, but the most interesting stuff as well.

this!!! M$ won its not even a question (unless your a fanboy)

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

1337 Gamer said:
DirtyP2002 said:
  2. Sony (Last Guardian, FF14 (though Online), Agent (without any gameplay / teaser / trailer) Motion control)

E3 is about announcements and MS announced not only the most, but the most interesting stuff as well.

THAT! totally agree! MS wiped the floor this year (again),

Around the Network

imo

5/10 nintendo
6/10 sony
9/10 microsoft

AE86 said:

In my opinion;

Microsoft= 6/10

Nintendo= 7.5/10

Sony= 8/10

Who won E3 2009, you ask?

Gamers.

AE86 said:
FKNetwork said:
AE86 said:

Sorry but NO WAY!!!!

No new details? Lol...

Oh yeah well Forza 3 has a release date so there. Pfft!

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:

Oh yeah well Forza 3 has a release date so there. Pfft!

The really impressive thing is that it's the second Forza this gen. 

PD still has to deliver anything besides a souped up demo.

I like racing sims and I'll get GT5 (since it's shaping to be epic) whenever it releases but frankly spending years salivating over trailers and brief news snippets can't do good to anybody.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

1337 Gamer said:
DirtyP2002 said:

LOL look who's talking... yeah yeah a fanboy like yourself?