By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo hate is irreversible

Soleron said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Soleron said:
Lord Flashheart said:
SMG2
I'll have to finish the first one.

I used to "hate" nintendo when I was a Sega fan (still am) during those console wars and was never interested in anything ninty but now I have every nes and snes rom. A DS and Wii, GC, GBA and original GB.

If people hate Nintendo with a passion now then it could change in the future. Especially if they want to play games.
If that happens they also might go back and play the games they refuse to now.

Just for the record even though I disliked Ninty back then my brother had a SNES and I would play that when I could.

I think you've just admitted to ouright piracy...

Was given them but yes I do own roms of older games.

Wait are you saying I'm the only one?
I also have the firenes add-on.

It's games from 20+ years ago. Good luck finding many of them in the shops and some are games that weren't ever sold in this country. I'm not going to apologise for wanting to try games I couldn't play when I was a kid. £50 for Streetfighter 2!?! That's more than games cost today and I still bought it but that meant I had to forgo most others.

Now I can play them.

You were given roms? That's still just as illegal. Your other argument (they're old games) would have held a few years ago but they're all on Virtual Console and not buying them there is losing Nintendo actual money.

They or MS was never going to get my money for old games. I didn't know old games would make a comeback like this when I first received them... A few years ago.
Unless they update the games like Bionic Commando I'm not interested.

I'm not going to apologise for having them. I wanted to try Darkman on the nes... It's not on Virtual console so I should go without?
Clearly you don't agree with trade-ins or ebay or having friends lend you their games (MGS on GC at the mo for me) playing the games on a flash website like Kontraband but then you're going to be in the minority here.

Around the Network
Soleron said:

You were given roms? That's still just as illegal. Your other argument (they're old games) would have held a few years ago but they're all on Virtual Console and not buying them there is losing Nintendo actual money.

They're all on Virtual Console? Somehow I doubt that. Many Nintendo games are, but what if he wants to play third party SNES games?

Also, how do you figure nintendo is losing actual money in a case like this?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I will say if for instance Smash tv was on VC and had online mulitplayer then I would buy it if my friends do. Otherwise nope.

Lord Flashheart said:

They or MS was never going to get my money for old games. I didn't know old games would make a comeback like this when I first received them... A few years ago.

I'm not going to apologise for having them. I wanted to try Darkman on the nes... It's not on Virtual console so I should go without?
Clearly you don't agree with trade-ins or ebay or having friends lend you their games (MGS on GC at the mo for me) playing the games on a flash website like Kontraband but then you're going to be in the minority here.

Morally, I think it's OK to do it if they're not on VC or any other current platform (though even then you could just get the console + games from eBay etc.). I'm all for consumer rights (like lending, trading in) but seeing as, if the roms didn't exist, you would have bought some of them from VC etc. it does count as lost sales. Not 1:1 (as in, I don';t think they should extract damages equal to all of the games you illegally got) but still some losses. Which would be used to make new and better games everyone else could enjoy.

No, I don't agree with the Flash website thing, even more than roms, because i) What they're doing is EXACTLY like copying discs but, worse, ii) They're making money through advertisements. On illegal content.

Soleron said:
Lord Flashheart said:

Morally, I think it's OK to do it if they're not on VC or any other current platform (though even then you could just get the console + games from eBay etc.). I'm all for consumer rights (like lending, trading in) but seeing as, if the roms didn't exist, you would have bought some of them from VC etc. it does count as lost sales. Not 1:1 (as in, I don';t think they should extract damages equal to all of the games you illegally got) but still some losses. Which would be used to make new and better games everyone else could enjoy.

No, I don't agree with the Flash website thing, even more than roms, because i) What they're doing is EXACTLY like copying discs but, worse, ii) They're making money through advertisements. On illegal content.

But I wouldn't buy them on VC so no lost sales from me.

Trade ins and ebay are worse than getting roms as money is being exchanged for the games and none of it is going to the devolper, if the developer still exist.

You can't be for trade ins and against roms. That doesn't make sense.
It's all piracy.

Yet for some reason I find flash websites are taking the ****.

Around the Network

Lol @ the people saying Nintendo failed and there was too much Mario. Replace the name "Mario" with "Final Fantasy", Guarantee no complaints from anyone. Why do some people fail to see what Chrizum was actually saying? Nintendo could have announced everything, a new Mario, Zelda, Metriod, Pikmin, Starfox, F-Zero, Kid Icarus, Mother, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Kirby, everything, and people would have STILL complained, they would STILL hate Nintendo. Hell, if Nintendo had every single franchise and the most powerful console with the most features, people would still hate. No lie.

How technical is your game?

IxisNaugus said:
Lol @ the people saying Nintendo failed and there was too much Mario. Replace the name "Mario" with "Final Fantasy", Guarantee no complaints from anyone. Why do some people fail to see what Chrizum was actually saying? Nintendo could have announced everything, a new Mario, Zelda, Metriod, Pikmin, Starfox, F-Zero, Kid Icarus, Mother, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Kirby, everything, and people would have STILL complained, they would STILL hate Nintendo. Hell, if Nintendo had every single franchise and the most powerful console with the most features, people would still hate. No lie.

What you say is the truth, and exactly what I was trying to say.

If the next Halo and the next Final Fantasy are coming to the Wii, people would still hate it.

Hell, GTA on the DS got massive hate when it was announced: "What, GTA on the DS? Fail".

The wii's lineup is incredible, and I'm extremely excited. Silent Hill: SHattered Dreams, and Tales of Grace are among other huge third party titles coming this year. But I doubt mario galaxy 2 will be out this year, and Metroid wont be. Next year should be pretty hot too though.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

I'm not complaining about the Wii/DS lineup - its excellent for the rest of the year.

I'm just complaining about E3. It could have been so much more. Ah well, expectations for next year just went through the roof.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Well, there is little need to complain about too many Mario platformers.

In fact, this is this first main Nintendo console with more than 1 3D Mario platformers on it. At least this shows that Nintendo understands the concept that Mario games are not as valuable as the Olympics or the World Cup (once every four years).

Now, if only U2 can understand that concept as well...

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here