By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo hate is irreversible

I know I'm satisfied. There are a lot of great games coming for all 3 systems, but nintendo's announcements blew me away the most. The games they showed look amazing. They're launching a ton of core games this generation and anyone that complains otherwise is blind or just plain ridiculous.

I think they showed enough awesomeness at E3 that it wouldn't be wise to show Zelda. They should keep it as a big bomb to counter anything the other 2 companies do in the future.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Around the Network

Nintendo gets too much hate, people should leave them alone. I was rather chuffed by ther E3 showing this year.

Mario based games has long been a favorite punching bag of Nintendo haters. The sheer amount of Mario based games is a point of accusing Nitendo of rehashng. And the announcement of so many at once can be percieved as Nintendo spinning their wheels.

Wii Vitality, like any peripheral will be an automaticly accosted as its an easy target and more non-gaming/casual fodder to bash.

All in all, the announcements were good but where as Sony and Microsoft sought to overwhelm onlookers, Nintendo announced only what they were ready to announce so its understandable that people are underwhelmed to some degree.

This isn't to excuse the haters, but anything with HD graphics will look far more impressive on demo or trailer than anything that can be put on the Wii. Compare it to a summer action movie, its not about content, its about flashy special effects, wowing the audience, and leaving with a sense of being impressed.

The Nintendo Hate doesn't matter anymore. Where during the PS2 era it had an impact. It doesn't anymore.

The Nintendo Hate is reaching it's peak. Over the next few years(relatively speaking) this hate is going to burn out and dissipate. Come mid next generation the Nintendo hate will be minimal if still existing at all. The behavior of the industry as reached it's late teen. Soon the industry is going to hit the final mature point. Right now the industry is smack talking those who are maturing faster. Trying to alienate them. But all grow up(well there are exceptions). Behavior seen today will be looked back and be considered shameful.

Just hang on and be patient. it's almost over. The only thing that will be left is a healthy industry of games of all types for everyone.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.