By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Halo 3 save Xbox 360 from Wii?

i agree with hdt2k, i think xbox will win software war, because hes right, the wii does tend to appeal to younger kids etc. In that case, i think hes stating that many more people that own a 360 have much more money to buy games, thus making the software sales increase.

If wii sales truley dominate the charts, we might see wii changing this in the future, but it will take some sales to people who buy games more in order to increase attachment % (the 360 is very high on this)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

The 360 never did have a chance of winning this generation cause it has no worldly appeal. It's not huge anywhere in Europe outside of the UK where it still isn't that big. It's basically not even there in Japan. And in America is its strongest market and it's not selling above the Wii on an average basis there. The 360 just misses out on too many markets and doesn't capitalize sufficiently on its strong markets to have ever been huge competition to Wii or PS3 for that matter. That is the main reason why MS released it early to ensure that it'd get some kinda buys to at least get it going for awhile.

I'm not trying to be bias I'm just telling you how it is.

lol @ "Not 18-34 Male Market = Kiddy Market"

Mmmm, gotta love 10-year old opinions that won't die. Please show proof that the Wii is being sold mainly to youngins' and kiddies ONLY.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Zucas said:
The 360 never did have a chance of winning this generation cause it has no worldly appeal. It's not huge anywhere in Europe outside of the UK where it still isn't that big. It's basically not even there in Japan. And in America is its strongest market and it's not selling above the Wii on an average basis there. The 360 just misses out on too many markets and doesn't capitalize sufficiently on its strong markets to have ever been huge competition to Wii or PS3 for that matter. That is the main reason why MS released it early to ensure that it'd get some kinda buys to at least get it going for awhile.

I'm not trying to be bias I'm just telling you how it is.

lol....your good at proving Microsoft bad.

Chadius said:
lol @ "Not 18-34 Male Market = Kiddy Market"

Mmmm, gotta love 10-year old opinions that won't die. Please show proof that the Wii is being sold mainly to youngins' and kiddies ONLY.

Wii is just like DDR and the EyeToy for the PS2. Its an unique experience that helps people move around. Which I don't have a problem with. Just no games to interest me.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
No, Wii'll stay #1 till gen's end. Nothing will pass it. Ever.

Ya think?

Of course its going to be number one. Its a different experience, its price at $250 and comes in a game. What do you expect from a console like that?

I think the xbox 360 is the system trying its best to obtain the market. Sony isnt even trying, nintendo isnt even trying either.

mM

If it helps, I was at a midnight launch for Halo 3 last night and out of the hundred+ people who picked up Halo 3, not a SINGLE one picked up a 360. I was watching the counter the entire time: didn't sell a one.

Halo 3 is being sold to the existing 360 audience, not a new one. However, the sales of it will be quite impressive, I'd wager.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Smash_Brother said:
If it helps, I was at a midnight launch for Halo 3 last night and out of the hundred+ people who picked up Halo 3, not a SINGLE one picked up a 360. I was watching the counter the entire time: didn't sell a one.

Halo 3 is being sold to the existing 360 audience, not a new one. However, the sales of it will be quite impressive, I'd wager.

Thats only one store. There are more stores in America.

leo-j said:
I think the xbox 360 is the system trying its best to obtain the market. Sony isnt even trying, nintendo isnt even trying either.

Yes they are leo-j and they are doing a fine job at it. Its just starting its engines.