By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Halo 3 save Xbox 360 from Wii?

no, I was countering Naz's ".24 and .22 million are not as much or more than most 3rd party Wii games."

And, indeed it is more than most 3rd party Wii games

And not all were bad...however, none of them included the following:

A bundled WiiMote

A bundled Wii

Mario

Zelda

(but my 6 year old loves Carnival Games)

Got to head out, thanks for the debate...I think in the end, all gamers win whether they are 36 like myself or your age 

Around the Network

h2dksaid:

What is your definition of bombed? You say Pokemon and Excite Truck both bombed...so I guess Mario Strikers and Sonic both bombed as well?

Pokemon at 275,000

Excite Truck at 305,000

are both busts, yet RE4 "shattered capcom's sales records" at 384,000

Just to prove my point regarding Stranglehold and The Darkness selling as much or more than most Wii 3rd party games:

SSX Blur 130,000

The Bigs 120,000

Cooking Mama 170,000

Spiderman 3 216,000

Madden 08 150,000

Tiger Woods 08 65,000

Harry Potter 100,000

Surf's Up 50,000

Transformers 100,000

Brunswick Bowling 30,000

Boogie 90,000

Carnival Games 70,000

flop, flop, flop, flop, flop, flop, flopity flop.....

Well I counter your stereotype: "the 360's target userbase is teenagers and college age males"

with my own: "Wiis target market is prepubescent children and the elderly"

catch you on the flip...flop

Nice job misquoting me about Resident Evil 4 btw. "RE4 shattered Capcom's sales projections." Capcom said they expected to ship 400,000 copies of the remake worldwide. They have sold 510,000 worldiwde. That means they have shipped more than 700,000. That's far above their sales projections. Again I find myself requesting you debate maturely, and not change what I say or pull stuff out of your ass.

I'm sorry, but I specifically requested that you find a new argument. This is boring. It's like talking to a parrot who can only say one thing. Maybe you are just a little special and need it said more clearly The Wii's 3rd party game library is not good right now. Comparing the sales of bad shovelware to 8.0+ games on the 360 that cost many times more and were rated much higher is ignorant and ridiculous.

You picked an entire list of horrible games as if to reinforce exactly what I have been saying the whole time. Cheap cash-ins sell like crap on the Wii, as they should be expected to. The Darkness and Stranglehold were multi-million dollar games which cost their companies substantial losses. The list of shovelware you just posted combined cost less than either of those games.

I said the 360's target market. I didn't say there aren't gamers who are older than that (and many younger than that) with 360s. The Wii's target market is clearly not only children and old people. It's everyone. Their commercials show this quite clearly. They range from kids, to adults, to college students, to teens playing their games.

You are boring me. Please either come up with something new or flee the topic.

I don't think Halo 3 will allow X- Box to get ahead of the Wii for long. I think the boost that the game creates could knock the Wii back a bit- but not too long. With both Bioshock and Halo 3 out of the way, Nintendo has the possible hit of Wii- Fit set to hit the world.
Then comes Mario Galaxy and Smash Brothers! Everyone keeps talking about Mario Galaxy but Smash Brothers is the game that probably kept the Game Cube alive last cycle. These 2 games are going to be massive in the US, Japan, and Europe.

And If Wii- Fit get's families and women involved into gaming... forget about it. Halo 3 will be dwarfed. I think Wii - Fit will be one of those titles, like Brain Training that will disappear and reappear in the charts for the next 2 years.

Anyway I better go---

Thinking about it, if this is the kind of stride the 360 can hit in its second year, I can't wait for the Wii's second year.

I used to think the Wii wouldn't be able to do that kind of thing, but looking at the continuing pile of games it has coming out for it, I'm actually impressed.

But let's not make this thread about Wii software sales.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network

Naz---

RE4...only 510,000?  Pokemon has done over that and you claim it bombed 

"My point was that people won't buy bad Wii games"

Explain these then: 

Call of Duty 3 69.3 

Red Steel 65.0

Mario Party 8 64.0

Cooking Mama 62.0

Wii Play 60.2 (we know why this "sold")

Pokemon Battle Revolution 57.1

People bought plenty of those, just like people buy plenty of bad games on every system

".24 and .22 million are not as much or more than most 3rd party Wii games."

again, I proved my point.  Nowhere did I say they out sold most of the "good" 3rd party Wii games 

"The 360's target userbase is teenagers and college age males" - wrong, again

John Porcaro - MS Marketing

"And for the record, our target market is 18-34 year olds, not “kids.”"

I find this quote in your "about me" interesting:

"I believe everyone should play what they enjoy, and people should freely express their opinions as long as they don't insult others."

I guess that only includes people that praise the Wii

I guess this guy hit the nail on the head:

cursayer2, 04/07/2007, 12:07:11
You should change your "About Me" to "I like to imply that everything I say is correct and that everyone is wrong".

There really isn't any point arguing with you anymore...your blinders prevent from seeing outside the box.  Enjoy your Wii...and your opinions...try not to be so defensive, afterall, I should be able to freely exress my opinons...