By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft confirm that MGS:R is ... Multiplat!

Yeup.

Microsoft debuted the first details on Metal Gear Solid Rising at their E3 press conference this morning, but there's a reason Microsoft wasn't bragging about this Raiden-starring adventure being an Xbox 360 exclusive -- it isn't.

"You know, we didn't say that it was exclusive," clarified Xbox executive and corporate VP John Schappert (he was the guy hosting most of the event) during an interview with me immediately following the press conference.

"We said that the next Metal Gear will be coming [to Xbox 360]," he said.

"I couldn't be more excited about him [Kojima] working on that [Metal Gear Solid Rising] and having that be part of our show," said Schappert. "When I heard about that, I was pretty ecstatic and it was an honor to be able to be on stage with him and announcing his next Metal Gear, which will be on Xbox 360."

http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/696050/Metal-Gear-Solid-Rising-Not-Exclusive-To-360.html#ixzz0HDaXsrRs&A

So now we can all stop arguing. =)

Around the Network

So why is ign saying it is.. wow someone is a little biased

mM

I guess we'll have to wait till tomorrow. Isn't Kojima coming onto the Sony conference?

IGN screwed up.

Probably got a bad translator.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

this is good news. At least sony and xbox fans can stop fighting now...

Around the Network

I was saying this all along morons.

infamous8 said:

IGN screwed up.

Probably got a bad translator.

Kojima was talking in english

mM

MS... you just saved me... $200 :P

I WILL KILL IGN EDITORS IF TRUE!

Dammit!

IGN probably got confused because Microsoft did that whole line of "every game from now on will be 360 exclusive" thing.