By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft confirm that MGS:R is ... Multiplat!

IGN delete the 360 exclusive quote.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/988/988687p1.html

Around the Network

So now that this game is confirmed multiplat PS3 fans can go back and Bash the MGS spinoff game coming to the 360*Rolls eyes*

PS3 fans never bashed anything.. what is wrong with you guys, Id like to know what forums you've been going to.

mM

Where does he mention the game being multiplat?
I don't know I still think it will have some exclusivity, content, time, or something

"Lightning Bolt Action"? This better not be a Ninja Gaiden clone starring Raiden. I will be very disappointed.

Around the Network

Well, after all these misunderstandings, I guess more and more people is expecting some big Wii announcements too from Kojima
That guy has a good sense of drama, other than being a genius of game creation, who could deny it?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

ahaha dumb microsoft.
cant get japan to stick to its console

hello how are you.

Well, since this now seemingly Multiplatform, it's safe to say there is no loser in this.

Microsoft benefits from having an MGS game on their console, picking up the sales Sony can't get from the people that are not going to buy a PS3 just to play an MGS game. Sony benefits because by having MGS4 on the PS3 all by itself, it got all the MGS diehards and Kojimaites to purchase a PS3 for the game. This means that the majority of the MGS fanbase is invested in a PS3 and likely to buy MGS: Rising for the PS3.

So in all reality, neither PS3 nor 360 fan should be bragging about ANYTHING, they should be mutually happy they get to play a game with a Cybernetic Ninja as its protagonist. I just hope the game isn't a pure action-brawler like NG.

The one issue for 360 fans is that there is a good chance there may be stuff in the game they may not understand or comprehend because they haven't played MGS4 or other games. To fix this though, Konami would be smart to let 360 users download the MGS Database file.

richardhutnik said:
What is seeming a bit ironic here is Sony camp guys seem to generally be fuming that Rising is said to be a 360 exclusive, while the Microsoft camp guys are saying it isn't and everyone needs to chill. I don't get why Rising SHOULDN'T be multi-platform. It doesn't make sense for it to be 360 only.

Uhh... Maybe because there was a big fuck up in some article? Someone just typed the thing happily without confirming and posted in the site?

^^
I read IGN apologies: a MS speaker said that things announced after FF XIII were XB360 exclusives, hence the misunderstanding. I don't know whether it's true, but in this case, was it done on purpose or accidentally? And why only IGN fell into it?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!