By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Metal Gear Solid Comes to 360

hahaha its come to 360 and sony fans said its will never come to the 360

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Yakuzaice said:
TheBigFatJ said:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/01/joystiq-live-from-microsofts-e3-2009-keynote/#continued

11:02PM PT: "From this point on" every game they show off will be available "only" on Xbox 360.

11:51PM PST: "It's great to be finally standing here on teh Xbox 360 stage. I'm bringing the Metal Gear Solid franchise to Xbox 360. I can confirm that next major release will be called Metal Gear Solid Rising and that development is currently underway for Xbox 360.

You don't have to believe it, but Kojima himself said it.

They also showed L4D2, and that it on PC.  And how did Kojima say it?  None of the multiplatform games earlier mentioned the PS3 either.

Also G4 seems to believe it is multi-platform.

Console exclusive

They said only on XBOX 360 and had a big screen with that statement.  There was no mention of console exclusive or the more ambiguous microsoft exclusive including the PC.

The way they said that everything after this point is 360 exclusive makes me think this new MGS is going to be only on the 360. Maybe another timed exclusive as they never tell us customers everything!!

I just hope it doesnt have hours of cut scenes...

NNN2004 said:

Actually I think it's the other way around, 360 fans repeatably claimed MGS4 would come to the 360. Despite the repetitive nature of these claims, it's still not in sight.

That a new Metal Gear game would come out for the 360 at some point isn't surprising, the franchise started out on the "MicroSoft eXtended" (MSX). Konami is a 3rd party games developer, developing games for all major gaming platforms.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

NNN2004 said:

That's for MGS4, which, after this E3, I don't think will go to the X360.

Around the Network

ROTFLMBO!

I have a new question (I won't make a topic for this one though)

When MGS:R is shown to be a multiplat 360/PS3 game in the next few days, should I be suprised when all of this bullshit "spinoff" talk suddenly disappears?

I doubt it'll completely vanish.

I personally find it funny that the comments made by these 360 fanboys probably know nothing of Metal Gear's story. There's probably just a few who have both systems, but probably have never played all the Metal Gears, so they're bragging over having something when they don't know much about it. It's fine with me if 360 gets Raiden because I hated him in MGS2 anyway. He was a crybaby in MGS4, too.

If you read this, slap yourself.

PS3 Trophies

Cactus said:
I have a new question (I won't make a topic for this one though)

When MGS:R is shown to be a multiplat 360/PS3 game in the next few days, should I be suprised when all of this bullshit "spinoff" talk suddenly disappears?

Nope, so far, even tho there is little info, it is looking like a Spinoff IMO, and this is coming from an avid MGS fan.

Only time will tell for sure however.