By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 Conference Thread

SHMUPGurus said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
I think Nintendo is breathing a sigh of relief after seeing NATAL in action, that was about as lame as I thought it would be

Are you kidding me? This is the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

I see myself using my arm to grapple stuff like in Bionic Commando! I hope developers will make good use of this technology, and Microsoft can achieve this for sure (they're billionaires!!!).

really? did you see the lag in th emovements? its a cool concept.

ever get frustrated playing online with lag or when framerate drops? i dont see how anyone can get excited about this other than soccer moms who have fat kids.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

And the estimated price for it is $200.

Ouch.

Stats87 said:
heruamon said:
LEt's see...Alan Wake, Crackdown 2, MGS, Halo...and some clowns are still whining about no games announced...WTF...some people need to get a life...

I think those "whining" are in reference to the fact no "new" games were announced. (outside of the XBLA game) All the other games discussed were heavily rumored or assumed.

That's crazy...It would have been nice to hear what Rare has been working on, and more Fable news from Lionhead...but There's enough "HARDCORE" gaming news from this conference to fill anybodies calendar...now, if a person did hear EXACTLY what they wanted to hear, that's too bad for them.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

@heruamon: I got the impression that Rare has been working on the Natal stuff (by the way it means Christmas in Portuguese, will it be the final name?).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

CAL4M1TY said:
Judging by the reaction in this thread, I think MS may just have won E3.

A few things:

- Note that after FF13 was discussed on stage, the presenter said that EVERY GAME FROM HERE ON OUT WILL BE AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY ON XBOX 360.

- MGS:Rising appeared after that statement was made. Hence Exclusive (or so we think)

- Previous MGS "Exclusives" have appeared on other consoles under a different name. So Rising appearing on the PS3 is not outside the realm of possibility. But it's about as likely as MGS4 on the 360, right? RIGHT? :)

- Given MS stance on what is deemed as "Exclusive to 360" (i.e PC as well), certain games may appear on that platform (L4D2 definitely said it was).

I don't care much for Nintendo's conference (my Wii is currently sitting unplugged in a bag), but I seriously hope Sony anticipated MS bringing it at E3. They've got around 30 minutes more time to blow MS out of the water. BUT, remember, they've got 3 platforms to speak about and no doubt their take on sales numbers as well.

I think MS did amazingly well, they got right to it and it looked like they had trouble fitting everything in. Alot of what was expected (Crackdown, Forza, Reach, ODST) was there, but they definitely hit a home run with MGS and Natal (that Milo tech demo was amazing, regardless of whether you believe it was all real or not).

I give MS's E3 a 9/10. It really was something else.

That he did, but I just find it odd that the word "exclusive" wasn't said again while it was shown, or Mattrick not finishing with "and this will only be experienced on Xbox 360".  Also, the Kojima interview and the Raiden stuff appeared in the PS3/PSP Famitsu, it would be kind of odd that a 360 only game be included in any form in a PS magazine.

Around the Network

Natal is also Native in French.

Signature goes here!

steverhcp02 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
I think Nintendo is breathing a sigh of relief after seeing NATAL in action, that was about as lame as I thought it would be

Are you kidding me? This is the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

I see myself using my arm to grapple stuff like in Bionic Commando! I hope developers will make good use of this technology, and Microsoft can achieve this for sure (they're billionaires!!!).

really? did you see the lag in th emovements? its a cool concept.

ever get frustrated playing online with lag or when framerate drops? i dont see how anyone can get excited about this other than soccer moms who have fat kids.

*looks at you signature... interesting information*

*imagines you can't think about the fact that this is still in production*

*takes a deep breath*

There...

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

natal will be big this gen, but the nextbox will be relased end of 2010 with an improved version, and the nextbox will not be the next Wii, it will be THE multimedia device taking over everything.

i dunno how you see this, but in my opinion, with the implementation of an improved natal in the nextbox, MS will finally have achieved its target to kick sony out of the living room and CONTROL ( yeah, control ) the whole multimedia marketor at least big parts of it.

and now : B€LI€V€ ( I added € for M $ as there are no S in believe, the MS guy actually said : start believe)

How can 720p be considered HD when it looks like ugly snow grains on my 22'' screen?

That conference blew my mind. Sony and Nintendo have pull out all the stops to top that! MG Rising is not an exclusive because they never said it was. The only games that dissappointed me was Alan Wake and Forza 3 and Halo 3 ODST.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Khuutra said:
outlawauron said:

And the estimated price for it is $200.

Ouch.

Yeah, so I'm not sure how this will break into the mainstream target audience.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.