By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 Conference Thread

NJ5 said:
For everyone who is excited about the Natal stuff, take a moment and think about how your favorite games would be controlled with that.

You're likely to conclude that most of them simply wouldn't work without being severely dumbed down.

Imagine how much more fluid the controls in Wii Sports would have been on a regular controller.  For a start you could actually move your chracter yourself.  Stop being so close minded about concepts, gaming is evolving, sacrifices in terms of complexity and micro details can more than be comensated for in immersion.  As a Wii supporter I expected better mate, seriously.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
^ Where did you hear about the cost?

And I said estimated.

http://techblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/06/microsofts-project-natal-motio.html

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/06/01/microsoft-previews-project-natal/

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

How can people claim M$ win when 2 conferences are still to come? -_-

SHMUPGurus said:
steverhcp02 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
I think Nintendo is breathing a sigh of relief after seeing NATAL in action, that was about as lame as I thought it would be

Are you kidding me? This is the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

I see myself using my arm to grapple stuff like in Bionic Commando! I hope developers will make good use of this technology, and Microsoft can achieve this for sure (they're billionaires!!!).

really? did you see the lag in th emovements? its a cool concept.

ever get frustrated playing online with lag or when framerate drops? i dont see how anyone can get excited about this other than soccer moms who have fat kids.

*looks at you signature... interesting information*

*imagines you can't think about the fact that this is still in production*

*takes a deep breath*

There...

attack my sig when you know im damn right and not the substanc eof my post. Look at my post history not what console i own, then judge me.

I think its rather juvenile and naieve to see a product demonstrated, get a huge gushing boner over it and then when someone makes valid points based on the FACTUAL ACTUAL PRESENTATION youre only result is "its still in development" thats not a good sign.

No, NATAL was weak, it doesn't have the application outside minigames, you could see in the imprecise painting demo and the ricochet demo, it needs a pointer to be usable in other genres

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

@ slowmo

Give me a example of damage control a sony fan has done in this thread. And even 360 owners are making negative comments on the motion thing not just the Wii pips

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

outlawauron said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Seriously Im flabbergasted by some of the above comments downplaying this piece of history. I really dont know how Sony or Nintendo can top this. This was absolutely amazing and Project Natal is going to be a benchmark for a lot of things. There was an MGS multiplat and a next Halo.

The only missing elements were RPGs and MMOs.

Piece of history? Are you kidding me?

How is this any more than an EyeToy with voice recognition? They didn't show any compelling software for their camera outside of Mylo which looks exactly like Eyedentify.

And the estimated price for it is $200.

You guys can downplay this as much as you want but with a backer like Spielberg I find it hard to believe that there will not be a few great games that utilize this technology.  I mean he doesn't usually release mediocer shit, does he?  Come on, if he was at the Sony presentation all you guys would be shouting it from the rooftops...

slowmo said:
NJ5 said:
For everyone who is excited about the Natal stuff, take a moment and think about how your favorite games would be controlled with that.

You're likely to conclude that most of them simply wouldn't work without being severely dumbed down.

Imagine how much more fluid the controls in Wii Sports would have been on a regular controller.  For a start you could actually move your chracter yourself.  Stop being so close minded about concepts, gaming is evolving, sacrifices in terms of complexity and micro details can more than be comensated for in immersion.  As a Wii supporter I expected better mate, seriously.

Wii Sports would not have been precisely possible on a regular controller.

I think theb etter metric here is if Wii Sports could work on Natal.

slowmo said:
NJ5 said:

I am open minded enough to realize this could work great with some games.

I am also crticical-minded enough to realize that's probably a very reduced set of games, due to not having any buttons/triggers and probably not aiming either. Which frankly are needed for a lot of the actions involved in gaming.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

$200, but its got multiple cameras, array mics etc. I would say $100 personally, anything more than that would not fly and they would never release it.

Tease.