By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 Conference Thread

heruamon said:
LEt's see...Alan Wake, Crackdown 2, MGS, Halo...and some clowns are still whining about no games announced...WTF...some people need to get a life...

well outside Crackdown2 and Left4dead2

we already knew every game ...

except if MGS is exclusive but they would have said it in this case ....

Time to Work !

Around the Network
heruamon said:
LEt's see...Alan Wake, Crackdown 2, MGS, Halo...and some clowns are still whining about no games announced...WTF...some people need to get a life...

I think those "whining" are in reference to the fact no "new" games were announced. (outside of the XBLA game) All the other games discussed were heavily rumored or assumed.

SHMUPGurus said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
I think Nintendo is breathing a sigh of relief after seeing NATAL in action, that was about as lame as I thought it would be

Are you kidding me? This is the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

I see myself using my arm to grapple stuff like in Bionic Commando! I hope developers will make good use of this technology, and Microsoft can achieve this for sure (they're billionaires!!!).

After seeing how it was used in the demos, the idea you are coming up with is pretty unlikely, the interface won't be effective for doing something like that, the pointing ability seems very imprecise

Did you see the girl moving in a 3D space? This was done with just a single little camera!

Yeah and she was flailing around without any real control, that won't work in action games

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

and you can't play games like Red Steel (or another FPS) with this motion sense :/,

without controllers = fail for a lot of genres.

I'm not sure how I feel about this conference.

I think that only MGR would qualify as a "megaton" based on internet reactions, though the motion camera would have qualified if we didn't all know about it beforehand.

Around the Network
steven787 said:
NJ5 said:
steven787 said:
(Reminder PSWii owner) The tech is amazing and MS (and third parties) can probably sell millions of work out games that go way beyond what the Wii can do - making them more appealing to core gaming. The navigating through menus is cool.

What we think of as traditional games, FPS, Shooters, etc. will probably not work quite right BUT new sub-genres can emerge if they design good games for this type of control. I think they will.

BTW, I think RPG and RTS could work quite well with this.

RTS maybe, thought it could get tiring to use your finger as a pointing device for a long time.

RPG, how?

Less tiring than pointing with the Wii Remote. (Did I just commit blasphemy?)

How is it less tiring?

And again, how would you play a RPG with this?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Imagine an RTS game with Natal!!!! RTSs on consoles will OWN

Long Live SHIO!

Judging by the reaction in this thread, I think MS may just have won E3.

A few things:

- Note that after FF13 was discussed on stage, the presenter said that EVERY GAME FROM HERE ON OUT WILL BE AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY ON XBOX 360.

- MGS:Rising appeared after that statement was made. Hence Exclusive (or so we think)

- Previous MGS "Exclusives" have appeared on other consoles under a different name. So Rising appearing on the PS3 is not outside the realm of possibility. But it's about as likely as MGS4 on the 360, right? RIGHT? :)

- Given MS stance on what is deemed as "Exclusive to 360" (i.e PC as well), certain games may appear on that platform (L4D2 definitely said it was).

I don't care much for Nintendo's conference (my Wii is currently sitting unplugged in a bag), but I seriously hope Sony anticipated MS bringing it at E3. They've got around 30 minutes more time to blow MS out of the water. BUT, remember, they've got 3 platforms to speak about and no doubt their take on sales numbers as well.

I think MS did amazingly well, they got right to it and it looked like they had trouble fitting everything in. Alot of what was expected (Crackdown, Forza, Reach, ODST) was there, but they definitely hit a home run with MGS and Natal (that Milo tech demo was amazing, regardless of whether you believe it was all real or not).

I give MS's E3 a 9/10. It really was something else.

while the technology for the motion control is impressive, I think the demos for the control on stage are not impressive... people would want to use it in games, not just some navigation tools for lazy people...

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

How can people say this conference was realy good and the bar has been set high? The best thing they showed was MGS spin-off and that is probably on the PS3 aswell.

That motion thing seemed cool but if they cant demo it properly then how the hell do they expect developers to use it properly. It is going to be impossible to use it in a 3d action game. it will be good for mini games,

i must say though the demo with that animated boy was fucking sick. I have never seen nothing like it. It amazes me how good the 3d model looked aswell. Nice tech but how would a dev use it? How can it change the gameplay?

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st