By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who think MadWorld would have sold better on other consoles?

I don't think they would like the graphics... So no, I don't think so.

Around the Network

I'd hope nobody would think that... because it's likely not true based on developer history.

There is literally nothing to substatiate the claims that it would.

They likely would of ended up with a huge loss of money.

Sure it would probably sold a bit more on the HD consoles but then again it would have been alot more expensive developing it.

i would have bought it if wasn't for that you can beat the game in 3-4 hours, no chance in hell I pay 70$ for that.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Hardcore gamers should know this game and they should have spread the word through word of mouth. Everyone should have known about this game and so even if some of those people bought it, the sales would be around 300-350k.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

Would have died bcoz of RE5. Tell me how well did Bionic Commando sell last week, and thats a game that has been hyped and produced by a huge 3rd party?

Yes it would have sold more but game length, black and white color and all those technical issues (widescreen support, etc) would have turned a lot of core gamers off. No online (blah f-----ing blah)

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

There are a lot of niche games on the PS360 that sold a lot. Look at UFC that got a HUGE opening week. Other completely new IP on the PS360 that sold a lot. Dead Space and Left 4 Dead.

Hardcore gamers build hype for these games and then spread the word. Wii gamers should do that and more gamers should know about MadWorld. I do not think that all of the 2.5-3 million of Wii owners should buy it but if most of them know about the game, most of those most will buy it thus resulting in higher sales.

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

ash3336 said:
Hardcore gamers should know this game and they should have spread the word through word of mouth. Everyone should have known about this game and so even if some of those people bought it, the sales would be around 300-350k.

I'm not going to buy a game just because I'm a "hardcore gamer". Madworld IS a niche title. Everyone else has already given tons of reasons why it didn't sell amazingly. I don't see why it's getting so much scrutiny. I played the first two levels; it was okay, and looked cool, but certainly not the type of game I'd want to drop the cash or spend time on.

It's a decent, NOT great game. It's niche. It's a new IP. And so on ad nauseum. It would have sold poorly-mediocre on any console. As many people before me have said, check out Okami.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

yes, a bit more, i'll say 10-15 % more.

My topic was meant towards Hardcore gamers meaning "M" rated games. Okami is a T-rated game. MadWorld is going to sell more than Okami.

Niche just means not popular then why not spread the word? I am talking about those that actually like this game's quality over small unnecessary things that others are picking.

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

Having bought the game and obviously played it. I don't think it was worth it. These games that we are getting on the Wii that are supposed to be hardcore for us hardcores aren't that great of games. If this game was on the 360 or PS3 it would have sold around the same. It's just not that great of a game to get better sales. Of course games like petz and imaginez babyz sell. Those types of games (crappy, cheap and based on something people already understand or like) get bought without prior knowledge of the game. Games with big evil looking men on the front just don't sell to the average person looking for a game based on it's cover art/name.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.