By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who think MadWorld would have sold better on other consoles?

as other people have mentioned god hand and okami didn't do well on ps2 and madworld follows this sort of style, actually God Hand is the closest comparison we got. It probably would have sold a little better but would have cost more to develop so i guess it kind of evens out. As interesting as games like this are I would never think about buying it because it's just over far too fast. You can buy games like smash bros which have 100x the replay value for the same price. If you think about paying $60 for this game on HD consoles it's kind of a joke.
I remember that guy on invisible walls saying it needed to sell 2-3 million to be successful, that was some dumb shit.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
 Of course games like petz and imaginez babyz sell.

Apparently they did sell well either.

Fact is wouldn't have sold more on the other two. Owners of PS3/360 likes mainstream-games, Madworld isn't mainstream. Another fact is that PS3/360 is not as hardcore as they want to be

It isn't that hard to sell more than MW did on the Wii, so yeah, it would sell heaps better.

Honestly, I don't think so. The game doesn't cater to its own genre's fanbase: the controls aren't gratuitously complex, the graphical style isn't gray-and-brown photorealism, and the story requires some actual thought to parse.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Naum said:
Sure it would probably sold a bit more on the HD consoles but then again it would have been alot more expensive developing it.

i would have bought it if wasn't for that you can beat the game in 3-4 hours, no chance in hell I pay 70$ for that.

Uhm, actually the same game would have costed about the same to develop on the PS3 or 360. When you have so little assets and in black and white, there's only so many man-hour needed from the artists. It's not like developing on the 360 and PS3 is magically more expensive.

That said, it would probably have done poorly on PS3 and 360. But between the two, it would have sold more than on the Wii, and probably brought in more money (assuming that it does any profit, that is).

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Around the Network

It would have sold better, but not much better. It's targeted at hardcore gamers and as we all know the Wii doesn't have too many of those.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

You know i think waiting till 6 months are up is something to consider. If only Sega hadn't dropped the price so quickly they might have been more pleased long term.

Still i don't believe Cassamina's shit about Sega's been burnt too many times, HOTD has done very well and when were talking legs its way too early to call. Now if being burnt was an issue for other consoles wtf are Sega doing making games for the PS360 still?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

did Okami sold better on ps2 in the same amount of time? No, and here's your answer.
even Zelda on ps360 wouldn't sell good with the same amount of advertisement Madworld received.

Bobbuffalo said:
Did Okami sold better on PS2? No.

what makes you think that a simmilar niceh, artsy, stylish, over the top game would sell in any other console?

I never understood why people kept saying that this game would sell millions. Is not a very good game. It has an interesing style yes but far from good.

Really people get over it there were, are and will b ebetter games than that.

You can't say that this is not a good game just because you don't like it, The game is completly awesome and unique (I am not a huge fan of this game or of the genre, but I can admit that kind of thing). Who isn't a huge fan of beat'n up will not enjoy this game.

@thread:

Yeah, this game would sell better in the HD consoles, but nothing very significant, as Soriku said, the style is too niche, and in the HD consoles you have a lot of games that can make Madworld almost disapear (because of the genre).

Just ignore soriku's posts when he gets into a rant. Thats what i do.

Erm. I aint to sure but that beeing said if Haze can sell 700k i think. Then this game should. In my opinion and thats all it is a opinion it would have done the best on the 360 then PS3 then the megadrive and then the Wii

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st