By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who think MadWorld would have sold better on other consoles?

Bobbuffalo said:
Did Okami sold better on PS2? No.

what makes you think that a simmilar niceh, artsy, stylish, over the top game would sell in any other console?

I never understood why people kept saying that this game would sell millions. Is not a very good game. It has an interesing style yes but far from good.

Really people get over it there were, are and will b ebetter games than that.

Agreed. I think it would have sold similar. Despite what many people want to think, HD owners don't care how much blood violence and gore is in the game. Now I don't know about niche gameplay or not, but quite frankly, it was a good game that just didn't sell that much. It happens sometimes. It was fairly short though.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

If it was just as long, and on the PS3/360 consoles, would people spend $60 on it? I doubt it. Stylized games haven't done too well on those systems either.

Let these owners buy Bayonetta, see what happens with that.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Well Okami did sell better than Madworld has.  It sold about 210k in Japan with the best release, and it sold ~87k in the United States in its first month.  But Madworld probably won't be released in Japan, so it isn't entirely fair.  On the other hand I am pretty sure Madworld got a lot more advertising (for the US).

It's a niche title, and it's selling decent for what it is. I doubt it would sell better on HD consoles.

RolStoppable said:
MadWorld would have definitely sold better on the 360 or PS3, because on either system there isn't much of a choice when it comes to bloody action games. Owners of the HD consoles are starved for that kind of game, so they would even buy a short low budget title like MadWorld in huge numbers, simply due to the lack of alternatives on their machines.

ha ha, I always enjoy your posts.

@OP count me in with the Okami camp

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network

Definitely would have sold better on 360/PS3... that's it's prime audience. I think by now it would have sold about 250k on 360 and about 125-150k on PS3. It probably would have also had some kind of online multiplayer as well so that would have given it more replay value.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

^But what if it were just released on the PS3/360 as it is?

Also, it's questionable whether even the hardcore people on those consoles enjoy seeing that much gore.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

I think if it would have sold better but not by much, and considering development costs on the HD consoles are higher, it would not have made as much profit (probably not any at all).

I recall Sega saying they were satisfied with the sales, and as much as it pissed all the fanboys off by them saying that, I was happy =).

RolStoppable said:
MadWorld would have definitely sold better on the 360 or PS3, because on either system there isn't much of a choice when it comes to bloody action games. Owners of the HD consoles are starved for that kind of game, so they would even buy a short low budget title like MadWorld in huge numbers, simply due to the lack of alternatives on their machines.

It would sell poorly no matter what system it was on. Although the fact that Wii is a dominantly "family" console didn't help it at all.

I just don't think its a game that would become that popular.