By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New ( Dead Rising 2 ) Trailer Shows Off a Sea of Zombies

New Dead Rising 2 Trailer Shows Off a Sea of Zombies

That's a whole lot of zombies you got there, 7,000 to be precise. Too bad it won't be shown at E3 this year.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Why does that ending remind me of a Southwest Airlines commercial? Is it because his face just read to me "Wanna Get Away?"

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

How is this game gonna work on 360?

Zizzla_Rachet said:

Agreed, dosent seem possible without the CELL.

Zizzla_Rachet said:

How *wouldn't* it work? The 360 CAN do more than "tens of zombies" at one time you know, lol

Around the Network

I don't liked the main character...

Silly people making silly comments. The Xbox 360's GPU has unified shaders and can therefore allocate more power into drawing triangles. At its peak, the 360 GPU can render 2X the polygons that the PS3's GPU can. Granted, this is pure polygons without anything else. Under real world circumstances, the 2 GPUs are capable of similar things, with the edge going to the 360. The only issue that would involve the cell are the physics behinds all the zombies at once, but I imagine they will be prebaked like in a lot of games.

If anything, I am asking, how can the PS3 do this? Lets take a conservative route and say each zombie is 1000 polygons.

7,000 zombies X 1,000 polygons X 30 DPS = 210,000,000 polygons a second.

The Xboox 360 can allocate a lot of shaders for this and draw them but everything else would be missing (textures, sound, shadows, etc)

The Playstation 3's GPU isn't capable of handling this many.

It will be interesting to see what they do.

Good news Everyone!

I've invented a device which makes you read this in your head, in my voice!

This game should be a blast, just like the 1st.

(Rolls eyes) at people making comments regarding how this will work on 360. I only hope you are joking because comments like that only make you seem silly.

With the track record regarding performance, DLC, ect..... I am leaning towards picking this up on my 360 vice my PS3 anyway, unless proven otherwise.....:)

woot woot .... now if only they could let the bodies pile up like in hit man.... damn that could be fun

edit.... also both hitman 5 and crackdown two better show this year 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

goddog said:

woot woot .... now if only they could let the bodies pile up like in hit man.... damn that could be fun

edit.... also both hitman 5 and crackdown two better show this year

Eidos was bought by square so unless you want a turn-based , poorly scripted action title dont hope on another hitman game.

(Man I miss agent 47)

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!