By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Great Idea for Nintendo Wii next spring

@andrew

You make a good point.

mM
Around the Network

If they make the wii with a HDD, and have 500 games on their store and lower the prices of the games i would buy the console. Plus make the console look retro.

GranTurismo said:
If they make the wii with a HDD, and have 500 games on their store and lower the prices of the games i would buy the console. Plus make the console look retro.
 O.OIs High Density definiton even possible in game consoles yet? Tere arn't even HDD tv's to support it yet I don't think. HD hasn't really even caught on yet... 

HDD

Hard drive disc.

If only sony would realese 500 games.

mM

Alright, if you guys haven't noticed this already... I'll fill ya in on something. The Gamecube discs are being dropped from retail... Why? because you'll soon be able to download cube games on the VC. They'll be compatible with the classic controller.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
Alright, if you guys haven't noticed this already... I'll fill ya in on something. The Gamecube discs are being dropped from retail... Why? because you'll soon be able to download cube games on the VC. They'll be compatible with the classic controller.

Are you sure?

Yeah I noticed GCN at best buy only has 1/4 of a row thing. They only had 4 controllers elft too (good b-day prest for me :D)

any chance of saturn or dreamcast coming to VC? 

andrewpeirce said:
DarkNight_DS said:

Are you sure?

Yeah I noticed GCN at best buy only has 1/4 of a row thing. They only had 4 controllers elft too (good b-day prest for me :D)

Saturn yes, Dreamcast probably not... but possibly...  the Dreamcast is harder to emulate.  As for the Cube on VC... yes it'll happen.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DarkNight_DS said:
andrewpeirce said:
DarkNight_DS said:

Are you sure?

Saturn yes, Dreamcast probably not... but possibly... the Dreamcast is harder to emulate. As for the Cube on VC... yes it'll happen.

I would be willing to pay $9 for Sonic JAM and Nights into dreams :D

sonic museum looks awsome. Too bad Sonic Jam plus nights costs like $250 on ebay (including system) Can't wait for itmo VC!

DarkNight_DS said:

You do realise that there isn't enough flash memory for most GC games right? 

To Each Man, Responsibility

No chance of GameCube games being released on the VC. That's 1.5 GB's of space. If I recall, the Wii only has 512 MB of flash memory. Only 480 MB is usable (the other parts go to system setup/preferences). You would need 3 Wii's to download a GameCube game. And what about the 2 disc games?

Reasonably thinking, there are still profitable GameCube games. That's why Nintendo is still making Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros. Melee. They are profitable games.

Unless Nintendo released a Wii HDD, then downloading GameCube games is completely out of the question.

On the subject of downloading Saturn and Dreamcast games, Saturn games are possible but would take up a lot of space. Dreamcast games are out of the question because DC discs are around 1.2 GB's.

And also, andrewpierce, I want 80,000 Wii points! Wii Shop Channel here I come!