By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Great Idea for Nintendo Wii next spring

andrewpeirce said:

Mario Kart Bundle- comes with Black Wii, 4 wii remotes w/ wheel, 1 nunchuck mario kart Wii retail price- $299.99

You realize that the 3 extra Wiimotes alone are worth $120, right?  That seems like an awfully cheap bundle.  Additionally, many people would be satisfied with 2 Wiimotes.

Perhaps it would be nice if you could get bundles that included a game other than Wii Sports, or perhaps 'naked' Wiis without games for cheaper, but Wii Sports is a great pack-in for most people and costs Nintendo almost nothing to include.  At the moment, it would be a bigger deal having more than one type of package to maintain shelf space when they can't even keep the system on shelves in any form.

Reasonably thinking, there are still profitable GameCube games. That's why Nintendo is still making Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros. Melee. They are profitable games.

Nintendo still has shelf space for its gamecube games.  What's more, there are many first party Nintendo gamecube games that still cost $30 or more.  I believe Mario Kart Double Dash (2003?) is still $30, as is Super Smash Brothers: Melee, and Zelda: TP is surely still $50.  I agree -- the only way the Wii will be playing Gamecube games is with a disc.

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
DarkNight_DS said:
Alright, if you guys haven't noticed this already... I'll fill ya in on something. The Gamecube discs are being dropped from retail... Why? because you'll soon be able to download cube games on the VC. They'll be compatible with the classic controller.

You do realise that there isn't enough flash memory for most GC games right?

That'll change much sooner then you think...  September surprise?  Remember that thread? ;)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

They're sending extra memory through WiiConnect24? That sounds pretty awesome.

@Topic. I think the bundles might end up confusing consumers and retailers wouldn't have much incentive to stock the ones that are "better" deals. Why sell a bundle with 4 remotes when they can sell the system and 3 remotes for much greater profit?

As I've said in another thread, I do think they should have the Wii Fit/Sports bundle if they want the balance board to be used in other games.  They'll have to make this the only option for purchasing the system, by forcing retailers to sell the board and game with any existing stock of "old" Wiis and packaging the board and game along with "new" Wiis.  The combo will also have to be available for purchase separately from a system for all the early adopters.

On the other hand if they're happy with only utilizing the board in a single game than a temporary bundle and separate combo are good enough.