By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Ima point out another flaw in the logic here. When Jimmy's mom goes and buys a 360 at best buy, you think the dude at best buy is gonna say: "wait mam are you sure you wanna do that? Cuz the PS3 has bluray wifi online gaming and reliability all standard!"

No hes just gonna sell her the 360 and every accessory he can.

Around the Network
Megadude said:
Ima point out another flaw in the logic here. When Jimmy's mom goes and buys a 360 at best buy, you think the dude at best buy is gonna say: "wait mam are you sure you wanna do that? Cuz the PS3 has bluray wifi online gaming and reliability all standard!"

So is xbox cheaper or more expensive.. Decision time

rckrz6 said:
Megadude said:

So is xbox cheaper or more expensive.. Decision time

PS3 is quality.

/Thread.

I bet Megadude dosent like my sig.

My sig = Thread...

LOL, don't draw megadude back into this thread

Around the Network

360 is a better draw because it is cheaper at the register.

Then, the ps3 ends up being cheaper because of the cost of live. Is that hard to understand? Sounds like intentional misunderstanding to me.

Wait can we add more games to the 360? The 2 games that come with it is $120 and what 4 arcade games,thats another $20 for MS points to buy them....

theprof00 said:
360 is a better draw because it is cheaper at the register.

Then, the ps3 ends up being cheaper because of the cost of live. Is that hard to understand? Sounds like intentional misunderstanding to me.

We understand that, then why do you argue the ps3 is loosing cause its double the price of the arcade.  You can;t go back and forth on your arguement point when one looks better then the other at a given time

Well my favourite is the value of online. PS3's is free and 360's is $60/year.

So if your one of the 200 people that still play only offline games then that doesn't affect you, but if you do then your cheap arcade is now $260, after 2 years its $320 and after 3 years (if you don't get RRoD by then) you've payed $380 for your arcade + online each year.

And if you plan on downloading...well anything you better upgrade your hard drive which is another, what $60? $80? I don't even know. It's something like that. I know the 120gb hard drive is over $100.

So yeah out of the box theres no question - The 360 arcade is half the price. And that's all parents see when picking a console for their kid's birthday/Christmas. But the smart people who look at the value of free online, blu ray, etc then the PS3 is better. I didn't even mention better games.

? I just said it's half the price at the register.

To put it another way.

For most of the people I know, PS3 is roughly a little more than one weeks worth of pay, whereas the 3-6 and one game is about 250$, with money to spare in a weeks pay.

At this price, a 360 can easily become an impulse buy whereas a ps3 has to be planned for in advance for a week or so. I can go buy a 360 right now and have money left for the rest of the week. If I want to buy a ps3 I'd have to either go a week without spending one dollar and then maybe have 50-100 dollars left over.

There is such as thing as a sweet spot. If I could, I would show at what price most consoles sell the majority of their product. As a guesstimate I would say 150-250.