By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Although I don't consider myself a Sony fanboy, I do consider myself a sony supporter. When these "fanboys" are saying that the PS3 is almost outselling the Xbox360 they technically aren't lieing.

Let's take this for example. For the Week ending of 02 May 2009.

Xbox 360 Hardware Sales: 111,542

Playstation 3 Hardware Sales: 106,089

Now I do agree it's unfair to say that ALL Xbox 360s sold are arcades, but it is likely that most are. So let's do an equation.

Let's say these are all 300 dollars because you do have the Pro and Elite SKUs too.

111,542 x $300 = $33,462,600 for Xbox 360.

It's also unfair to say all Playstation 3's sold are only the $400 consoles because there are the $500 SKUs as well.

106,089 x $450 = $47,740,050 for Playstation 3.

So if all that money was spent on Playstation 3s were used to buy Xbox 360s at the 300 dollar mark then...

$47,740,050 / $300 = 159,133.5 Xbox 360s  consoles would be sold.

Xbox may be leading in units, which ultimately is the real factor. More money is being spent by consumers on Playstation 3s. It's pretty amazing considering the $100 increase in price.

Now this is at least how I see it. Now don't mistake this post for me being a Sony fanboy because I do own both consoles and enjoy them both very much. The only console I don't like/enjoy is the Wii.

Around the Network

These threads are stupid, I don't care about what fanboys do or how they argue a point. Quit being so sensitive about these things, especially if its on the internet. Why care? Ignore it.

I am coming out today: I am Sony Fanboy, i have known since the age of 5. I am proud and not afraid to shout in the street of America. It wasn't a choice, i was born like that, once I saw these beautiful silver, black walkmans, these tall Sony briavas and them sexy vaios, i was destined to be a Sony lover. Don't hate me because I am beautiful.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
rckrz6 said:
PullusPardus said:
how about both are true?

The point im making is how the sony fanboy will always contradict himself to make himself look better in an arugment.

That´s not exclusive to Sony fanboys, it´s something almost every fanboy does.

JGarret said:
rckrz6 said:
PullusPardus said:
how about both are true?

The point im making is how the sony fanboy will always contradict himself to make himself look better in an arugment.

I agree but there are far more sonyboys on these forums then any other console.  So it just looks like that way

Around the Network
rckrz6 said:
JGarret said:
rckrz6 said:
PullusPardus said:
how about both are true?

I agree but there are far more sonyboys on these forums then any other console.  So it just looks like that way

Eh, there's really not. From my experience on here, its very even. There's probably more Ninty fanboys than anything, I mean you make a thread called 'Mario is childish' and you will get mauled

Leonidus said:
rckrz6 said:
JGarret said:
rckrz6 said:
PullusPardus said:
how about both are true?

Eh, there's really not. From my experience on here, its very even. There's probably more Ninty fanboys than anything, I mean you make a thread called 'Mario is childish' and you will get mauled

HA yea i would prob get banned too, but thats more of a personal attack toward nintendo itself

There's one thing called customer perception, wich is how people in general perceive the console. And since the price cut, people perceive the x360 as the cheaper one, since the $199 price is what catch their attention. When they actually buy the x360, they probably(the majority ) don't think about the additional cost. Several polls about consumer behaviour stated that most purchases are more impulse than reasoning.

At the same time, people who like those in this site, have enough knowlegde about VG to know that the arcade is not the best deal. especially if you want to enjoy all the system(x360) has to offer.

A second point is, the sales are divided between the 3 SKUs, and the totals are just above PS3 numbers. Now imagine that MS cut the production of the cheaper ones and only mantained the Ellite SKU. Do you think it would hold the same numbers? Honestly? Even the pro SKU would be behind the PS3. So the price argument holds water, since the X360 edge is the arcade and the value argument is also valid, cause I reckon this is the main reason the PS3 is so close the X360, despite the price difference, part of the public do perceive this value and thus buy the PS3 instead the X360.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

aavidbacon said:
There's one thing called customer perception, wich is how people in general perceive the console. And since the price cut, people perceive the x360 as the cheaper one, since the $199 price is what catch their attention. When they actually buy the x360, they probably(the majority ) don't think about the additional cost. Several polls about consumer behaviour stated that most purchases are more impulse than reasoning.

At the same time, people who like those in this site, have enough knowlegde about VG to know that the arcade is not the best deal. especially if you want to enjoy all the system(x360) has to offer.

A second point is, the sales are divided between the 3 SKUs, and the totals are just above PS3 numbers. Now imagine that MS cut the production of the cheaper ones and only mantained the Ellite SKU. Do you think it would hold the same numbers? Honestly? Even the pro SKU would be behind the PS3. So the price argument holds water, since the X360 edge is the arcade and the value argument is also valid, cause I reckon this is the main reason the PS3 is so close the X360, despite the price difference, part of the public do perceive this value and thus buy the PS3 instead the X360.

I think what the ps3 has to offer and what the xbox has to offer, i think the price is pretty proportinal  (Maybe ps3 is still a bit better deal) <80gb vs Pro>

The elite and the ps3 uncharted bundle are both overpriced.

The arcade is a total waste.

A HDD-less ps3 would also be a total waste (If it was possible) But how much do you think it would boost ps3 sales

This is sort of getting off the therory of my arugmment though