By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - All games hits reset to 0!?

Metal Gear Solid 4 is no longer the first game on the list, all games are reset to 0 hits!?

What happened?

Edit: All games that were deleted is now undeleted, so if anyone sees a duplicate game be sure to report it.

Around the Network

OK. Gotta F5 Suikoden II, then

All the deleted games have been undeleted. I guess they had -1 hits, and now they have zero...which means they're in the DB

Hang on, gentlemen, we've got a looooong way up ahead of deleting

People, we need you to report all the duplicates (THAT DON'T HAVE SALES DATA)

TalonMan said:
zexen_lowe said:
All the deleted games have been undeleted. I guess they had -1 hits, and now they have zero...which means they're in the DB

Ugh - definitely screwed THAT one up...    :(

Totally my bad and I apologize.

No prob, I was hired for something that would happen for 2.0, after all. Didn't expect it to be this

Well, according to my calculations, there are some 2700 games that need to be deleted. Today I noticed that the DB had exactly 25000 games, and now it has 27800. Fortunately, there are some 500 that have the "duplicate" tag, those will easy to find, I already deleted some 150 of those. As for the others, they'll pop up with time, I guess

A lot of them have lowercase titles, so they're easy to spot and report

TalonMan said:
zexen_lowe said:

Ugh - definitely screwed THAT one up... :(

Totally my bad and I apologize.

-500VG dollars for messing up.

OT:  glad to know why the numbers were reset.

Around the Network

Anything I can do to help?

Snesboy said:
Anything I can do to help?

Well, you can go find duplicates of games (for example, type any game like Super Mario Galaxy, there's one with all the sales data and that. The others are duplicates. Go to "report this game" and put that the game is duped, or alternatively if you wanna earn some vg$ edit the NA title to add to it  "(duplicate)" -with the brackets-. Then a DB admin will go and delete it

Games that have sales data (like those that say "JP sales" or like) are NOT duplicates that need to be deleted, don't report them

Thanks for offering help, by the way

zexen_lowe said:

That would explain why I deleted 5 uncharted: drakes fortune duplicates.

This is not good, some of the dups hide the original games, I guess I'll have to get to work.

I have deleted all already marked (duplicate, wrong system, cancelled) games & marked and deleted another 40-50.
And just in case this kind of incident should happen a 2nd time all duplicates should marked before they get deleted.
You never know...
And a few games will be lost forever because the 'original' hides the duplicate.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

talonman, run a check on the database for any 2 games with matching names in the NA field. Then if 1 has sales and the other doesn't, delete the one that doesn't. If they both don't or do have sales, then report both games for a mod to deal with. If you do that, then post it on the mod forums, we should be able to take care of it, and that should easily fix the "hard" issues.

The other ones like misspellings will be harder to find.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)