By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz 2.0 - the aftermath!

11ht11 said:
so nothing is going to happen for the people with resolution problems?

I would give it a little time... my guess is ioi and company are busting their humps trying to get the site ready for E3, etc., and have their backs against the wall right now.  I'm sure these issues will get resolved as soon as the site admins stop drinking from fire hoses duct-taped to their faces.

Around the Network

having problems adding pictures to albums. Lets me browse files, but doesn't show the name of the file once selected for upload.  Once UPLOAD is pressed, it says the image is not a supported format, though it is *.jpg.  Not sure if this is already known.  using Firefox.

crumas2 said:
11ht11 said:
so nothing is going to happen for the people with resolution problems?

I would give it a little time... my guess is ioi and company are busting their humps trying to get the site ready for E3, etc., and have their backs against the wall right now.  I'm sure these issues will get resolved as soon as the site admins stop drinking from fire hoses duct-taped to their faces.

This.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

mmnin said:

having problems adding pictures to albums. Lets me browse files, but doesn't show the name of the file once selected for upload.  Once UPLOAD is pressed, it says the image is not a supported format, though it is *.jpg.  Not sure if this is already known.  using Firefox.

I've had that problem (minus the name disappearing) for a really long time, maybe forever.  If I do pics one at a time it says "Sorry, we only accept ..." but the picture is still uploaded; I think it fails to upload if I do more than one at a time. 

Have you checked to confirm that it didn't actually work? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Thanks for showing your thoughts behind the changes on the front page ioi, this really gives a lot of insight and makes me completely understand why you have done certain things. I guess that we have to live with the "cluttery" feel we have, and I guess it's worth it after reading through your arguments.

I think it could help if you changed the colour back to white or something similar, because I think dark colours only help to make the homepage feel cluttered. But I don't expect you to change the colours again, so you might keep this in mind for future changes.

About the recent post feature and such stuff, wouldn't it somehow be possible to put that at the bottom of the front page? like that, there would be no change for new users to the current layout, but members would have a feature back which they like to have on the front page. Also, members probably don't mind scrolling down, so I don't see any problem from a users point of view.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

(1) Works wonderfully in Firefox for me now. INCREDIBLY less tolling on my system now. Good job!

(2) YAY the top bar isn't Flash anymore! *right clicks to high-heaven.*

(3) I see my idea for the "My Recent" feature has been included into the forum links widget. I find it mildly humourous that you took my idea... and threw it onto the exact OPPOSITE side of where I suggested it go. =p

Conclusion: You've fixed every single one of my largest concerns. Fantastic job, guys. Thanks!

SW-5120-1900-6153

Wow, just found the my recent threads section after reading thetonestarr's comment. This is a great way of implementing it!

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

For the "My Recent" section u guys added to the homepage, u should make it color coded so u know which ones are new & which ones are old, like it was before. It makes it much easier this way to identify was new & old.

Weekly software per region is no more? Or just temporarily missing?

stiak said:
Weekly software per region is no more? Or just temporarily missing?

I don't know exactly what you are asking. There is a widget on the front page that shows the world wide weekly software. If you click the flags below it changes the top 10 software to that region only.

If your asking about the missing updates, it is because they are busy trying to make sure 2.0 runs smoothly for users.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)