By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz 2.0 - the aftermath!

i really like the quick links actually. they make everything look alot cooler. and much simpler

Around the Network

I just noticed this bug.

Clicking "Forum Hot Topics" on the front page takes you to news.vgchartz.com

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

hey,

i found a bug. if you type in the name of a dev or something in the database. and if there are two pages to it, and if you click on page two it will automatically switch to all games. instead of games just by that developer

My game collection is a bit messed up. I think a few games are gone. For example, it says I have 4 GBC games, but only 2 show up. I'd guess this has something to do with all of the deleted games coming back and us trying to get rid of the duplicates.

http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/mygames.php?id=15364

Just a minor bug. Great job on 2.0 overall though, I really love the new design. XD

insomniac17 said:
My game collection is a bit messed up. I think a few games are gone. For example, it says I have 4 GBC games, but only 2 show up. I'd guess this has something to do with all of the deleted games coming back and us trying to get rid of the duplicates.

http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/mygames.php

Just a minor bug. Great job on 2.0 overall though, I really love the new design. XD

mygames.php link to your personal game library, so when I click on that link it takes me to nordlead's game collection. To get the proper link for other users, click on your profile, then view all games.

http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/mygames.php?id=5330

notice how mine has my user ID tagged on the end.

Anyways, just one thought. Did you mark any of those as "now playing" or "wishlist"? supposedly they aren't set up correctly yet (new features for them are being worked on) and they get counted in your game collection.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

Around the Network
nordlead said:
insomniac17 said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/mygames.php

mygames.php link to your personal game library, so when I click on that link it takes me to nordlead's game collection. To get the proper link for other users, click on your profile, then view all games.

http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/mygames.php?id=5330

notice how mine has my user ID tagged on the end.

Anyways, just one thought. Did you mark any of those as "now playing" or "wishlist"? supposedly they aren't set up correctly yet (new features for them are being worked on) and they get counted in your game collection.

Haha, duh! I'm a little out of it; I've been sick for the past few days. Sorry! I edited with the right link.

And I haven't updated that in quite a while with new games. So, I haven't added any to the "wishlist" thing yet. The only exception is Battlefront for PS2 which when I clicked on it, said it was deleted. I have the one that actually exists now though.

The home page isnt loading properly..the whole left side and bottom are blank

Xxain said:
The home page isnt loading properly..the whole left side and bottom are blank

clear your cache, or hit ctrl+F5. I would suggest just clearing your cache as things like the system icons won't update all of them unless you hit ctrl+F5 every single time you see one.

New bug for me: Sometimes the drop down menu will end up behind certain animated ads (using either IE7/8 or FF3), making it impossible to select submenu items for forums, etc.

Edit: For some reason I can't get this to happen now, it may be only a few ads that cause the problem. If I see it again I'll post a screenshot.

Edit2: After cruising the site for a few days now, I officially love the new layout. I wish I could select between two color schemes (this one and a lighter one using blue/white), but that's just my preference. Performance feels better as far as response/loading times, but the homepage still hogs 50% + of my CPU on a dual core machine and nearly kills my old single core Athelon XP 2600+.

My only problem is the black colour scheme. It hurts my eyes.