By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Please! Bring back the old Version

i liked the old design more than this!i was in love with the old design...the new is not bad but you cant compare this to the great old design!

Around the Network

I can see why the admin team is getting annoyed about people saying that the site sucks, but I don't see why they don't just put in a couple of different skins (with only a colour change between them).

It shouldn't be too much work (if the site is designed well) and would shut half the whiners up.

I have an ancient screen.
The new site does not fit.
I have to scroll sideways...
Otherwise it's OK

Kantor said:
Stan85 said:
I think that the code for VGChartz 1.0 still exist,2.0 is the new code (with a LOT of effort from the vgc team). So I can not see what`s the problem?

A VGC 1.0 button can be implemented,and everyone will be happy. You like 2.0? Keep it. You don`t like it? Push the button.

This is 2009,not 1970.

Yes, but the two websites would have to exist simultaneously. So you'd need two domains, which is twice the cost. And news stories and forums would have to be on both sites.

They would be entirely separate. It wouldn't be possible. This thread would exist on one site, but not the other.

Subdomains don't cost anything.  (IE: clasic.vgchartz.com), and all the data is database driven.  So no, they would not be entirely separate and would be possible.  That said any changes to the database structure would require code changes on both domains, and who knows how much the database structure changed for the new design.

Maintaining two such sites would not be good, but is certainly possible.  Better to implement skins via css.

I can't see the whole width of the page on my screen, which is a bit annoying. I know there's a way to sort that out - anyone mind telling me how?

Around the Network
Declan said:
I can't see the whole width of the page on my screen, which is a bit annoying. I know there's a way to sort that out - anyone mind telling me how?

For perhaps the hundredth time, ZOOM OUT!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Right, because they're going to undo the changes for a few complaining people. If you were paying for membership, you might have a say in the matter. Yet, its a free site, so you're just going to have to adapt.

Personally, I think it looks a lot better. VGChartz looks grown up now. The old style made the site look kinda amaturish.

bardicverse said:
Right, because they're going to undo the changes for a few complaining people. If you were paying for membership, you might have a say in the matter. Yet, its a free site, so you're just going to have to adapt.

Personally, I think it looks a lot better. VGChartz looks grown up now. The old style made the site look kinda amaturish.

Unless my eyesite is getting messed up due to the backgrounds & font on the new vgchartz there's more than "few" people complaining , I don't think this dark/emo theme properly represents the Vgchartz I remember. Vgchartz isn't a non profit organisation , they still depend on every visit to the website so they can generate revenue through advertising , so either way Vgchartz profits from it's users.

BTW Vgchartz is kicking the crap out of my low end PC , the only way I can view the website is by disabling the adds otherwise my memory get's pwned. Get rid of the un-neccassery flash please.

ioi said:
Problem is that 90% of people love the new design - it is the same 10 people posting thread after thread and comment after comment complaining.

Unfortunately whether you like the graphical look of the site is down to personal taste - some will and some will not - but anyone who feels this is a step backwards in some way obviously has not taken time to explore the site and see what has been added. This is MUCH more than just a graphical change...

The problem for me is strictly the color scheme change and slugishness when scrolling on pages.  I've noticed that the younger viewers like the color scheme and some of the older ones are complaining about it.  I'm finding it hard to stay on the site.  It's not very easy on the eyes anymore.  If this was the 90's I probably would have loved the color scheme but after having worked on many site designs myself I know that the color scheme easily offends those with poor eyesight or strained eyes.

Also from reading through the threads where you've asked for suggestions there is way more then 10 people who don't happen to like the color scheme.  There may be 10 people who are so against it that they are creating new threads about it. 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

bad desing please bring back the normal version much better