By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rented Infamous this morning...

lol at the rant.

game looks great and plays great im getting it thats all that matters.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Personal question, but aren't you that dude from the Philippines or something?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

SaviorX said:
Last time I checked, youg guys didn't play the game.

He did.

So before you call the Sony Exclusive Defense Force, take note of what he told you. He played if for two hours already, and found some parts underwhelming. With inFamous being another victim of "infamous" PS3 hype, I'm not surprised. Not everyone has to have their face buried in a game's crotch area in praise.

As for Gamespot and IGN, GS's credibility in reviews is laughable at best, and IGN has overrated a sandbox game beGTAfore.

youre just simply ignoring the logic and substance of his post and calling others here names. How can he complain about story or lack of powers when he played for 2 hours? the story and power upgrades surely cant be fleshed out after 2 hours can they?

Its the guys fault for writing a review of a whole after playing 5% of the game.

Id say teh people questioning the validity and the OP's logic possess more than a defense force initiative.....you post your opinions on a gaming forum, expect to be questioned and torn apart when its amateur.

SaviorX said:

He did.

So before you call the Sony Exclusive Defense Force, take note of what he told you. He played if for two hours already, and found some parts underwhelming. With inFamous being another victim of "infamous" PS3 hype, I'm not surprised. Not everyone has to have their face buried in a game's crotch area in praise.

As for Gamespot and IGN, GS's credibility in reviews is laughable at best, and IGN has overrated a sandbox game beGTAfore.

what drugs are you on? this game has barely been hyped. there were threads asking where the hype is. in the prediction threads everyone was predicting low and saying 'not much hype'

SaviorX said:

He did.

Suit yourself.

Giant Bomb
It's the quality of the central action in InFamous that I keep coming back to. Everything else would be fancy window dressing if Sucker Punch hadn't nailed the basic gameplay elements, the simple moving and shooting, as precisely as it did. InFamous feels like a game designed from the very ground up to be fun to play, so I guess it's no surprise that as soon as the credits finished rolling on my good version of Cole, I started up an evil one to play it all over again.
GameZone
I will tell you that inFAMOUS does possess a mess load of fantastic looking graphics and incredible sound. I will only play this game cranked up on the surround sound because it makes everything seem so much more involved. Great sound effects, great voice acting and it all comes together beautifully.
1UP
Simply put, InFamous is the kind of game that when I'm not playing it, I'm constantly thinking about doing so. Heck, I already know what's going to happen right after I finish this sentence: I'm going to go back and play more as "superhero lightning cop" Cole.
Gaming Age
The audio in inFamous is incredible, especially when piped via HDMI to a capable 5.1 receiver.
IGN UK
While not wholly original, the game's blend of open world ideals with superhero powers is done with a verve that’s unsurpassed, and the mesh of platforming and freeform combat is uniquely satisfying.
Game Informer
A nice balance between run-and-gun action and fleet-footed platforming. [June 2009, p.86]
Playstation Official Magazine UK
The combat's deep and spectacular, the climbing is slick and intuitive, and the story's got enough depth behind the flashy hero/villain hook to fully merit that all-important second playthrough. There's genuinely nothing else like inFamous on PS3. [June 2009, p.82]
WonderwallWeb
It’s hard not to be impressed by inFamous, the way it is presented and the amount of ways you can play just blows you away.
GameTrailers
Thanks to its fluid, genre-crossing gameplay and action-packed scenarios, inFAMOUS has established itself as an electrifying new addition to the PS3 library.
D+PAD Magazine
It’s a euphoric example of tight, well-constructed narrative and strong game design, and ultimately a title that won’t only be remembered as the best superhero game to date, but also as one of the PS3’s finest moments.
Playstation Universe
The shifting good vs. bad storyline provides a solid foundation that the gameplay builds upon, and therefore missions and side objectives feel genuinely refreshing. Empire City provides an excellent base for exploration and Cole's skills make the third person "shooting" feel fresh and exciting.
Level7.nu
Sucker Punch, known for the phenomenal Sly Cooper series, has introduced one of the best PS3 games to date and what could very well be the best superhero game ever. The storytelling, although aesthetically impressive, is executed somewhat hastily and could have been a bit more fleshed out. This is just a minor flaw in a game that does everything else extremely well. The controls are flawless and the electrical powers are absolutely awesome. The city is grand - to take a leap from a tall building is nothing short of exhilarating - and it feels very much alive. Having superpowers in a game has never been as cool as this.
GameDaily
The attractive graphic novel cut scenes, devastating electrical attacks, a moody soundtrack and a sprawling post apocalyptic metropolis make inFAMOUS a welcome addition to the PlayStation 3 library.
Cynamite
Great visuals, nice controls and electrifying action - That's how it's supposed to be. Granted, it’s not an innovation masterpiece but it delivers some great hours of fun.
PSX Extreme
inFamous plays extremely well, and has an unusually fun character to it, on top of an addictive one. It boasts a massive game world that you can scale fully and interact with extensively, on top of a game engine that makes it all happen with minimal issues.
Cheat Code Central
The extremely user-friendly controls, deep open-world, loads of missions, and outrageous powers combine to make this one of the best titles to hit the PS3 to date.
Vandal Online
It is not "Fable" and it does not try to be, it just takes these elements and combines them with some others to create very fun videogame, with its own personality and a well-achieved and told story, perfectly integrated with its gameplay. A more than recommended buy.
IGN AU
Most importantly, the movement and combat mechanics are fantastic, while the firefights (and the starring role of electricity) are a true spectacle. In this game the city is both your playground and your plaything, and you'll feel like a bad-ass.
Gameplayer
While it certainly isn’t the graphical revelation it has been hyped to be, this is a game that is very much deserving of any PS3 owner’s hard earned cash. Or, to put it another way, Infamous can successfully generate 1.21 Gigawatts of fun, without the danger of setting anybody’s eyeballs on fire.
Computer and Video Games
It has its frustrations and we miss burning around in a car or the rumble of some good old-fashioned gunpowder, plus we think "Crackdown" pips it in the open-world action game league. But that won't stop you having a very amusing 25 hours of gaming (play it through twice, once good and once evil, and it's even longer).
Kikizo
With its karma-driven electric fisticuffs, open-ended parkour antics and stylishly broody ambiance, InFamous is a game worthy of Sucker Punch's slick PS2 releases, and a great addition to the PS3's increasingly formidable exclusive line-up. Shame about the story, but there's plenty to do by the wayside.
Gameplanet
inFamous is an all-encompassing superhero tale told with care and attention. Sucker Punch Productions have created a fantastic title that will push your superhuman skills to the limit.
Meristation
InFamous is a superheroes' different history. Cole handles the options and power that the electricity has given him, and with them he can do the good or get squarely into the dark side. With a few excellent controls, many power unlockables and the freedom complete to move and to use them for Empire City, this game is the "sleeper" PS3 game of this year. At least it has demonstrated a quality and an amusement within reach of few games.
Play.tm
It may not reinvent the wheel as far as the open-world genre is concerned, but in crafting a suitably compelling and eminently playable title, Sucker Punch have shaken off the child-friendly shackles of their Sly Cooper games and produced something distinctly dark and mature, that simply demands to be played.
Game Revolution
But the real reason to buy inFamous is that, regardless of your morality, it's just plain old fun being super-powered Cole in a city full of helpless mortals. And if you're a 360 owner lamenting the PS3 exclusivity, don't worry about it - just go pick up a copy of "Crackdown" instead.
Telegraph
From the beautiful storyboard cut-scenes, to the outstanding voice-work, to the stunning soundtrack (courtesy of the highly talented Amon Tobin), to the compelling plot, the classic gameplay, the incredible environment; you start to become overloaded by the praiseworthy content. It is by no means flawless, but inFamous is a compelling, incredibly enjoyable video game and an essential addition to any PS3 owner's game library.
VideoGamer
Had the first half of the game matched the far more entertaining later sections (where the super powers really come into their own) and the story been a bit more engaging throughout we'd be looking at one of the best open-world action games of all time.
Total Video Games
Insanely intense action, a fantastic control setup and decent missions, make for a thoroughly entertaining PS3 exclusive - apparently the format's first in the sandbox genre.
Hmm, who do I trust? A random poster on a forum, who has played a game for two hours, or 30 reviewers who have played it for significantly more than that. Two reviewers out of 32 gave the game below 80%, and there reviewers are known to be notoriously strict (Eurogamer) or notoriously stupid (Games Radar).
Oh, and it isn't just IGN who overrated GTA4. In case you haven't noticed, it has 98 on Metacritic.

Opinion is fine, posing your opinion as if it's superior to everyone else's is not. Especially after playing a game for two hours. None of the reviewed games in my sig have been played for less than 10 hours.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

^ dayum

you guys gotta note that I put up there "I RENTED INFAMOUS THIS MORNING". I didn't say "MY REVIEW OF INFAMOUS". I also put up there on the OP that these are "a few points for consideration", not "the whole game is like this".

you guys don't need to be extremely defensive here. all i put up are my opinions of my experience with the game as of two hours of playing it (btw, i could already slide across rails after my first hour. i ran through the game really quickly without bothering with exploration).

to people asking for the store name, it's a mom and pop store called Gamenuts. I'm sure you've never heard of it. I got my early LittleBigPlanet (un-cut version) from them too. They get things like a month beforehand.

again, it's not a review. it's my impressions so far. if you don't agree, you don't have to act defensively like some fanboyish kid. if you like the game, play it, and if you want to refute my points, go ahead. but do it in a civilized manner, if you please.

bugrimmar said:
you guys gotta note that I put up there "I RENTED INFAMOUS THIS MORNING". I didn't say "MY REVIEW OF INFAMOUS". I also put up there on the OP that these are "a few points for consideration", not "the whole game is like this".

you guys don't need to be extremely defensive here. all i put up are my opinions of my experience with the game as of two hours of playing it (btw, i could already slide across rails after my first hour. i ran through the game really quickly without bothering with exploration).

to people asking for the store name, it's a mom and pop store called Gamenuts. I'm sure you've never heard of it. I got my early LittleBigPlanet (un-cut version) from them too. They get things like a month beforehand.

again, it's not a review. it's my impressions so far. if you don't agree, you don't have to act defensively like some fanboyish kid. if you like the game, play it, and if you want to refute my points, go ahead. but do it in a civilized manner, if you please.

Perhaps you shouldn't give it a score.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

is it even possible to beat the game without exploring?

Why would you not explore? whats the point of even renting a sandbox?

i gave it a score based on my impressions. like i said, if you don't like it, go play the game and make your own impressions. don't just sit there and attack like some pissed off kid.