By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rented Infamous this morning...

Xxain said:
Dude... some games start off slow. Not every game drops you off at an enemy base and have you gun your way through the whole level. You have to to give the game a chance, ESPECAILLY IF YOU PLAN ON REVEIWING IT!!! 2 hours is not optimal review time.

I don't have to give any game a chance. Doing so or not doing so is my perogative. If I intend to make a fair review out of the game, I should play it as it is meant to be played and I should make an effort to judge the game from a correct standpoint. But for me as a player that's totally irrelevant.

A game that starts bad and makes me lose interest enough not to play it beyond a certain point has failed, and it doesn't matter how good or bad it is beyond that point. My personal enjoyment of that game is still the same.

I don't really care what motivations were for Bugrimmar to make a thread such as this. I don't really care about his opinions of the game either. I just get irritated when someone says that I have to endure 2 hours of boredom because the really fun stuff comes after. I have better things to do with my time.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network

I have a feeling you rented the Demo.

what's your psn?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:

what's your psn?

bugrimmar. add me if you wish.

and if you really really press me, i might just rent it again and take a picture of myself with it. but i don't have the time nor the inclination to explain myself to someone who's just extremely defensive about his console.

Killergran said:
Xxain said:
Dude... some games start off slow. Not every game drops you off at an enemy base and have you gun your way through the whole level. You have to to give the game a chance, ESPECAILLY IF YOU PLAN ON REVEIWING IT!!! 2 hours is not optimal review time.

I don't have to give any game a chance. Doing so or not doing so is my perogative. If I intend to make a fair review out of the game, I should play it as it is meant to be played and I should make an effort to judge the game from a correct standpoint. But for me as a player that's totally irrelevant.

A game that starts bad and makes me lose interest enough not to play it beyond a certain point has failed, and it doesn't matter how good or bad it is beyond that point. My personal enjoyment of that game is still the same.

I don't really care what motivations were for Bugrimmar to make a thread such as this. I don't really care about his opinions of the game either. I just get irritated when someone says that I have to endure 2 hours of boredom because the really fun stuff comes after. I have better things to do with my time.

thats a personal issue..ive never seem a person who base a game off its first hour or so, and cant develop a new brighter opinion after giving it chance...it makes me shiver to know how many excellent games we would miss if we had your mindset

bugrimmar said:
psrock said:

what's your psn?

and if you really really press me, i might just rent it again and take a picture of myself with it. but i don't have the time nor the inclination to explain myself to someone who's just extremely defensive about his console.

Bugrimmar I used to have you on my PSN..you delete me?? grrrrr

Around the Network

erm, i kinda cleaned up my list coz i wasn't able to add anyone anymore. lol.

you can add me again if you like :P

bugrimmar said:
psrock said:

what's your psn?

This thread reminded of Shams Uncharted review thread.

I am not extremely defensive unlike your extremely weird review of a game you barely played, then wonder why you get on you. So, you rented it this morning and returned it the same day.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

It's pretty sad that a person can't give his impressions on inFamous, or any PS3 game for that matter, without being attacked. At least he played the game for a while unlike many of you. It's also pretty silly that a couple of you are posting review scores from different websites, even some that were claimed to be anti-PS3 like GameSpot and GameDaily for example. Now that they've given it a high score, we take their word for it.

Xxain said:

Thats a personal issue. I've never seen a person who bases his opinion of  a game off its first hour or so, and can't develop a new brighter opinion of it after giving it chance. It makes me shiver to think how many excellent games we would miss if we all had your mindset.

Seriously?

What do you think demos are for? A demo is usually around 1 hour long, and often gives you a pretty good idea of if you'll like the game or not.

How many games that are boring for the first two hours and then develop into splendid and fun games have you played, anyway? A really good game gets you hooked in the first couple of seconds. Sometimes even before you start the game (Command & Conquer did that, for instance).

And for that matter, where do you draw the line? 2 hours of boredom? Or 4 hours of boredom? Or 10 hours of boredom? How much boredom must I suffer to be sure that the next hour won't be gold?

This is invisible text!

Killergran said:

Xxain said:

Thats a personal issue. I've never seen a person who bases his opinion of  a game off its first hour or so, and can't develop a new brighter opinion of it after giving it chance. It makes me shiver to think how many excellent games we would miss if we all had your mindset.

Seriously?

What do you think demos are for? A demo is usually around 1 hour long, and often gives you a pretty good idea of if you'll like the game or not.

How many games that are boring for the first two hours and then develop into splendid and fun games have you played, anyway? A really good game gets you hooked in the first couple of seconds. Sometimes even before you start the game (Command & Conquer did that, for instance).

And for that matter, where do you draw the line? 2 hours of boredom? Or 4 hours of boredom? Or 10 hours of boredom? How much boredom must I suffer to be sure that the next hour won't be gold?

>_>..* sigh* 1. yes im serious 2. and we cant base reviews off demos either 3. just a few - FF12 a big bore in the beginning 4. if you are have a intent to review a game, at least half way one point, because if it still not good...then it probably wont ever also by have you way you definitely have a a grip in how things work, if your just playing it I say give it 5 - 10 hours b4 you quit