By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

No it is not. They are gaining ground on the market and the support for the PS3 is immense. With +/- 74 games announced for E3 I can imagine the PS3 hitting a massive blow to the other consoles. The intended $100 price cut will finish it of. But good for you to start a thread were all can flaimbait

31 million PS3's by end of this year

Around the Network
Enlightment said:
No it is not. They are gaining ground on the market and the support for the PS3 is immense. With +/- 74 games announced for E3 I can imagine the PS3 hitting a massive blow to the other consoles. The intended $100 price cut will finish it of. But good for you to start a thread were all can flaimbait

So, you're saying that the Wii should be worried about the Sony Playstation 3?...in sales? Correct?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

One thing I disagree with is this logic:

"The 360 is doing "worse" than the Playstation 3, despite outselling it on a consistant basis worldwide."

"If the PS3 is failing, then the 360 is an utter failure."

What is wrong with this logic? Hmm.

A. Microsoft Xbox sold poorly last generation, the PS2 was the greatest selling console of all time.

B. The PS3 is the last place console this gen by 8 million units.

C. The Xbox 360 is still outselling the PS3 this gen, weekly, worldwide, despite being on the market a year longer.

D. The PS3 has a high percieved value and a Blu-Ray player, amongst other highly touted features amongst consumers.

E. The PS3 has a highly touted upcoming exclusive library.

Yet, you believe that ONLY price matters? Really? Then why didn't the gamecube outsell the PS2.

You believe that the bar for the PS3s success should be to SLIGHTLY outsell the most failure ridden console in history, in 2/3 territories? If it outsold it by double, it would still be a failure. Check Sony's financials.

You people continue to set the bar low for Sony, and high for Microsoft and Nintendo. According to most people on this forum, the only console this gen that is a success, is the PS3. According to most people in the real world, the PS3 was a tech blunder that needs a 100 dollar price cut and a redesign to compete at the top levels of the console war. I want the PS3 to drop price, and get the redesign it needs. Why a redesign? Because what matters is BRAND.

Brand. It's not just the "name" of something. It is what people think of when they hear that name.

When you hear "

lamborghini

"

You think "Great car!" When people hear Xbox 360, they think "game console, failure suit, halo." When they hear PS3, they think "overpriced, blu-ray, great graphics," when they hear Wii, they think "new controller, cool, bowling, kids, love, heart."

Truth, imo.

Now, if the PS3 came out with a redesign, they would think, "cheaper, problems fixed, worth it now."

Brand is very, very, important. It is vastly more important than price. Think of a brand you think of as "crappy." Acer, maybe. Now Acer makes some of the best HD monitors for the price on the market, same with desktops and laptops. However, they have a very poor brand. They are a bargin brand. So ignorant consumers, who base their beliefs on "brand" instead of investivative decision making, don't buy Acer. They buy Apple, and pay for brand.

Do you understand this?

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I have lost hope in this system. I'll still play it but i am no longer excited for what is next.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Is it the 'PS3 is dooomed' season again? Darn, and i just painted a giant 'the wii is dooomed' slogan on my car.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:

One thing I disagree with is this logic:

"The 360 is doing "worse" than the Playstation 3, despite outselling it on a consistant basis worldwide."

"If the PS3 is failing, then the 360 is an utter failure."

What is wrong with this logic? Hmm.

A. Microsoft Xbox sold poorly last generation, the PS2 was the greatest selling console of all time.

B. The PS3 is the last place console this gen by 8 million units.

C. The Xbox 360 is still outselling the PS3 this gen, weekly, worldwide, despite being on the market a year longer.

D. The PS3 has a high percieved value and a Blu-Ray player, amongst other highly touted features amongst consumers.

E. The PS3 has a highly touted upcoming exclusive library.

Yet, you believe that ONLY price matters? Really? Then why didn't the gamecube outsell the PS2.

You believe that the bar for the PS3s success should be to SLIGHTLY outsell the most failure ridden console in history, in 2/3 territories? If it outsold it by double, it would still be a failure. Check Sony's financials.

You people continue to set the bar low for Sony, and high for Microsoft and Nintendo. According to most people on this forum, the only console this gen that is a success, is the PS3. According to most people in the real world, the PS3 is a tech blunder that needs a 100 dollar price cut and a redesign to compete at the top levels of the console war.

Truth, imo.

to....  much....  common....  sense.... mind...  can't.....  take..... it.... all....  in...

Epic reply of the Week.

Check out the links in my Sig.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Sony is in this for the long hall and the Ps3 will be "more" viable even if later. A couple of trips and slips to attaining mass market is normal.  The store I work at has broken street date for  Sony's game "Infamous".  We Twitter, Craiges' list and various other "let me Know/Stay informed sites" Its Scarey.  Not to many people are biting and one of our Ps3 hard corers' buyers didnt event want it.  Said he played the demo, Felt like Microsofts' crackdown with and added something.  Even with the high praise and great Grades.  we'er sitting on a pile of games waiting to be purchased.  Scarey...

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Enlightment said:

So, you're saying that the Wii should be worried about the Sony Playstation 3?...in sales? Correct?

I say they should be worried because they als have to lower the price of their console.

I Japan the PS3 has been selling more then the Wii for a few months and now it is selling just less then the Wii. Can you imagine a price cut in Japan. Can you see what will happen?

In the EU it's all about the price and nothing else.

In NA it's about the price and games.

I am confidend that by 2010 that MS will have no grounds to stand on but their past accomplishments.

So this chess game these three are playing is great and this is the key Sony is bettting on the long run, while the other to are looking for the short term succes and in a way this is a bottleneck. They should have called the PS3 the PS3one and the one in 2014 the PS3two. I feel sorry for them that they had ample time to introduce their console. I feel happy for them as they will make their greatest losses this gen and fine tune their whole process to come with a machine that will be profitable on day one.

For their efforts alone I believe that they will not have the last place this gen.

31 million PS3's by end of this year

sega4life said:

in he`s signature:

Don't argue with Morons, they bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

That`s the stupidest signature this decade. Who`s the biggest moron, the moron or the one who`s following him? Care for some discussion?

I`ll break ye.

360 is not selling so good either