By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Spankey said:
ironman said:
Spankey said:
hmm... an interesting thought just occurred to me.
I've spent roughly double so far on games for my PS3 than I paid for the console.
If I'd have bought a 360 instead and bought roughly the same amount on games, I'd have spent almost 4 times as much on games as I did on the console.

weird.

anyway, OT, PS3 falling bad?
So you mean it falls in being bad? i.e. doing well? in that case, I agree with you.

Thats because the 360 actually has good games that are worth the money! LMAO     BTW how does the PS3 "fall" in being bad? And how is it doing well? 

lolol!

but @ underlined, it's like if something sucks terribly, it's a double negative which actually when you break it down means that it's terrible at sucking, which means it actually rocks.

Pedantic I know, but worth a mention I thought.

As for it doing well, it's still selling games and hardware. if it wasn't selling either of those, it would be doing badly. IMO

...You sir, need a grammer lesson. A double negative is a statement like "I don't like no free cheese"  this phrase is perfectly acceptable and is NOT a double negative " I can't stand it when the PS3 fails" so your logic is flawed. Dude, just because a console is still selling games and hardware does not mean it isn't failing, that would be like Chryslers PT cruiser, this car is failing to sell enough...but it's not failing because it's still selling, and they are still selling parts for them. See how asinine that is?

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:
TheTruthProphet said:
The xbox 360 is NOT half the price!

NPD says avaerage xbox 360 sale price 275$.

FURTHERMORE.......Xbox 360 is PROFITABLE at "half the price"

While the ps3 continues to bleed money for sony at "double the price"

6 billion $$$ ps3 debt and GROWING......WITHOUT A PRICE CUT!!!

LOL, Microsoft lost 6 billions in Xbox brand( 3 billion on 360), while Sony lost 3 billion on PS3, so they are both doing bad job at making profit, stop being such a blind fanboy

Except that the 6 billion MS spent has built the brand up considerably, and the 3 billion Sony spent has significantly diminished their once great brand, has it not?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

PS3beats360 said:
360 is half the price of PS3 and it is fading away in sales. PS3 with price cut and its Game Over for the 360. PS3 sales will surge with next price cut. Just you all waitr and see.

If it doesn't happen, promise that YOU will fade away?

twingo said:
blink182 said:
the price argument just doesn't cut it, the fact of the matter is that the 360 is "THE" hd console to own this generation due to it's impressive established library of games and features whereas the ps3 is the optional console, price really doesn't factor in to the decision between the two for a bread and butter gamer who wants the best console with the best selection and variety of games

As far as "HD" PS3 games offer both better visuals and better sound, PS3 it self offer hd support in BR while 360 does not.  Ps3 games are as good if not better then the 360s.  The decision is simple as hell, PS3 is the quality hardware with quality games with BR and free online. 

360 is just the cheepo option for people, and even at HALF thre freaking price the world is barley choosing it over the PS3.  Which says plenty to any one with some brains.

It sucks doesn't it.  If only people would DO THE MATH, right?

Sheesh, maybe if people did the math, the Jaguar would of also made it:

It is a shame the world we live in has people going by their own eyes, and what their friends buy, and then factor in price.  It seems that people can't seem to tell a difference between the PS3 and 360 to the extent they choose the PS3 over the 360.  The same went for the PS2 over the original XBox.  You must be tired of people being so stupid.

Hang about! If the peak sales year for a console is year 3, which is this year for the PS3, and is partly the basis for claims that the PS3 is heading for an epic fail. Then last year should have been 360's peak year. But this year (year 4) looks like it will be a better year for 360 than it's year 3 (which 360 fans are wont to repeatedly point out in any sales discussions).

So 360, in leading the way is showing that year 4 can be the best year for a console - uless you think it is going to have a dismal second half and all the recent gains will disappear. Therefore is it not reasonable to expect PS3 to have it's best year in year 4? Year 4 is slated for some highly anticipated games, and the inevitable price drop (if not some time this year). As long as year 3 is a reasonable hold out year then there isn't too much to worry about at this point. Lets come back to this thread at E3 2010 and look at how PS3 is doing in year 4 post launch and see if the PS3 doom merchants are right. As of now it is too early to kill off the PS3, no matter how much you desperately want it to die.

PS3 is staying in touch with the 360. While it's disingenous to keep claiming the 360 is 1/2 price, the oft quoted figure is $275. This makes the "average" 360 sales price $124 (or 31%)cheaper. That is a significant price difference. If consumer perception is that PS3 and 360 are much of a muchness when it comes to games and there is almost certainly not the level of slavish system loyalty as is prevalent on this site then the price difference is certainly a purchasing choice factor.

On the one hand the doom merchants say PS3 price has nothing to do with the epicness of its failure, rather it is the lack of games (are you serious??), and crappy online service (valid point early in it's life, but now??) that are the reason. Yet on the other hand they are saying that Sony's extreme arrogance at having such an expensive console and expecting people to buy it "because it's PS" is the reason for the epicness of its failure. Which one is it: price is irrelevant, or price is relevant? You can't have it both ways.

If you're saying price was relevant at the start but it is no longer a valid excuse, well when did price stop becoming a factor? Seems price difference wasn't a factor when PS3 had fewer games, and less developed on-line service, but a smaller price difference with the 360, because the PS3 was hauling in the 360's lead through much of 2008. Now PS3 has more (good) games than previously, and online service is better (and continuing to improve), but the price difference with the 360 is greater than previously. Looks to me like the most significant change from this time last year to now is price difference. There is every reason to expect that a narrowing of the price difference will lead to PS3 sales overtaking 360 sales week to week, unless 360 aims to maintain that 31% average sale price difference. That means at a $299 PS3 the 360 will need to have an average sales price of about $205. Is that achievable? I don't know.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

i doubt it

ZenfoldorVGI said:
BladeOfGod said:
TheTruthProphet said:

LOL, Microsoft lost 6 billions in Xbox brand( 3 billion on 360), while Sony lost 3 billion on PS3, so they are both doing bad job at making profit, stop being such a blind fanboy

Except that the 6 billion MS spent has built the brand up considerably, and the 3 billion Sony spent has significantly diminished their once great brand, has it not?

Exept that Sony made much more than 3 billion on PlayStation brand.

BladeOfGod said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
BladeOfGod said:
TheTruthProphet said:

Yeah, then lost it all on the PS3 lol

ironman said:
thats an unfair, untrue, incredibly biased, ignorant, trollish reply. Everybody I know who owns 360 is an adult. The one guy I know who bought a PS3 after his Xbox RRODed (he bought a refurb) is now looking to sell it and buy a 360 again because it actually has games he likes, and it has a HDMI output. He has no Bluray discs, and as far as I know, does not intend to get any. The PS3 could cut the blueray player and lower it's price $150, cut the wireless (anybody who plays using wireless is an idiot, they will lag like mad) for another $50.00 and work on getting some better games. Then work on advertising. I personally have nothing against the PS3, it just wasn't the best value for me and didn't have Halo. Sony obviously made some mistakes and is paying for it. Microsoft can cut prices just to squeeze Sony out of the picture, they sold the Xbox at a considerable loss last gen just to get people to buy it, and look what rewards they are reaping now? For only having a second console, and much animosity against Americans and Microsoft in other countries, I would say they are doing considerably well.

Hey Grammar Man, if Sony cut out the Bluray player how would it play PS3 games?

Also what makes you think cutting out the wireless would shave off $50? Wireless doesn't cost anywhere near what MS charges for the adapter.

It will probably shave like $20 at most.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

FKNetwork said:
BladeOfGod said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Yeah, then lost it all on the PS3 lol

Actually if I am not mistaken Sony's gaming department is still around 2B over while MS is still around -6B.

They say Sony lost PS2 profits, but what about PS1/PSP?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!