By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz 2.0 FAQ

nordlead said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I'd like to know more about the "Now Playing" system if that's possible. How will it be incorporated and what will it look like?

There is nothing in place right now, but we're open for suggestions on what you would like to see. You can direct suggestions to either talonman (as he'll probably code it) or me (who will take everyone's ideas and funnel them toward talonman ) I'd love something like the backloggery that I currently use. I hate having to enter my games into two websites.

Then I shall voice my opinion here! I don't use Backloggery, so I don't quite know what it's like... But I think it would be cool if, on your profile, you could have a little part (like your games collection) that is "Now Playing", and in that little part you'll see the games the person is playing. Then, you can press the "Now Playing" part (much like with pressing Games Collection to see the entire collection) and here, the user who is "Now Playing" could list how far he's gotten in said game as well as write a few lines about impressions so far and stuff like that. I dunno if that's too complicated to implement, or if I made no sense whatsoever, I just think the Now Playing-feature is a very great idea in general and I look forward to seeing it fully utilized later on.

Around the Network

How do I choose which region boxart appears in my game collection? The old method isn't working.

I heard that we can edit thread titles now. How do we do that?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

A fairly large content update was done on the FAQ. It should address almost all the questions posed in this thread that I felt should be in a FAQ for new users.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

i was waiting for something like this!

Around the Network

marked, can't work with this layout yet

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

TalonMan said:

Khuutra said:
First cheat submitted. Does a database admin have to approve?

Yes

We could have cheats now? Where could add them. I have tons of cheats for NPC Pikmin

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

ok I want to help people beat how to beat most enimies. But where should I put it?
walkthrughs I mean shouln't we have a hint/tip guide calitogory

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Walkthroughs should be, like the name says, full-fledged ones, kinda like the ones in GFaqs, or specific (like, for example, a FAQ with ALL the bosses, a FAQ with locations of ALL the items, etc). To give you an idea, browse around GameFAQs, you'll get what I mean.

If you want to provide tips for one specific boss (or two, or three), use the hints system

zexen_lowe said:

Walkthroughs should be, like the name says, full-fledged ones, kinda like the ones in GFaqs, or specific (like, for example, a FAQ with ALL the bosses, a FAQ with locations of ALL the items, etc). To give you an idea, browse around GameFAQs, you'll get what I mean.

If you want to provide tips for one specific boss (or two, or three), use the hints system

to expand on this. If it is a complete boss FAQ, then you can make it an in-depth guide.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)