By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Well, here it is. Heavy Rain gameplay from Pre E3 press event.

I can't hear the video so dunno if this is mentioned in it, but the important thing about QTE events here is what happens if you don't pull them off.

We're used to having to complete QTEs to progress. If you fail then you redo them until you complete them.

If this game uses that mechanic, then yeah, it's gonna fail bad. But I can't imagine that a game that looks like it heavily relies on QTEs to follow that idea.

For me, that's where this game could get interesting.

Around the Network

drpunk,

since there is no game over, u can't fail in QTE ...

u just realize or not the action,

if u do it ==> choice 1

if u do not ==> choice 2

Time to Work !

libellule said:
drpunk,

if u do it ==> choice 1

if u do not ==> choice 2

another thing if u miss a qte segment unlike other games it doesnt make you go over it again, it carries on. i cant wait to try it.

footage is alpha but still looks good i can bet final release will look amazing.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

the graphics sure look meh if you ask me... and the characters look the same as the guys from house of the dead.

this FBI agent is really "souless" ... do not really like indeed

Time to Work !

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
libellule said:
drpunk,

if u do it ==> choice 1

if u do not ==> choice 2

another thing if u miss a qte segment unlike other games it doesnt make you go over it again, it carries on. i cant wait to try it.

footage is alpha but still looks good i can bet final release will look amazing.

So... You have to get every QTE(in current episode or whatever) right in one run to get the 'best' option. Getting all of them right at once sounds as cool as banging your head against wall. :P

Deneidez said:
Skeeuk said:
libellule said:
drpunk,

if u do it ==> choice 1

if u do not ==> choice 2

So... You have to get every QTE(in current episode or whatever) right in one run to get the 'best' option. Getting all of them right at once sounds as cool as banging your head against wall. :P

NAH!

depending how you success the QTE, u will unlock other QTE/scene/dialogue/action

u may lose some character "stop" the story except if u are at the end of it ...

Time to Work !

@Deneidez

We like to be mr grumpy, don't we :) Let's give the authors some credit.

Seriously, who said that there's a single set of inputs that is needed to have a given outcome? Take the fight scene in the video: you can see the player missing some of the events (they flash red) and being hit with an iron pipe in the ribs because they didn't dodge. But maybe in the end you can win the fight anyway... except that it will take longer efforts because you're hurting.

Technically, that would be forking and then merging again narrative paths.

As for there being one "best" outcome, maybe that's something that will bring a completionist playing the game again and again to find the best paths all the time in all the scenes, but is that different from people making no death speedruns of Super Mario?

Actually in this case part of the enjoyment of the game might come from not playing it "perfectly" and exploring the narrative twists that follow.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

This game looks amazing, really cant wait to get it

It might not be how many thought it would turn out, but there were some things that looked really nicely done in my opinion. I think this is my kinda of game. Im not gonna jump to any conclusions. It looks like a really unique, crime game. Im still highly interested.