By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has Moneyz in the bank .... a lot

They could use some of that Money to bring Fatal frame and Disaster DOC to America and make many gamers (me included) damn happy

In my last hour I'm slave to power of death!!!

Around the Network
Captendo said:
outlawauron said:
And so why doesn't Nintendo buy more studios?

To be fair, they opened Sora and R & D 5 recently.

Nintendo is a conservative company, who doesn't just buy like 7 studios this year and sell them all 2 year later. They slowly expand their company not to create to much overcosts and keep a tight ship in the wind.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Go Warren Buffet style of business.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Captendo said:
outlawauron said:

Nintendo is a conservative company, who doesn't just buy like 7 studios this year and sell them all 2 year later. They slowly expand their company not to create to much overcosts and keep a tight ship in the wind.

That' for sure, but I think a new studio, especially a western one, ma be a good purchase, especially in a period where a lot of teams are struggling. They could have bouht Free Radical or Factor 5 for example.

Also wasn't 10 billion what Microsoft had sitting around and was considered a big deal? Or was that 50 billion?

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Captendo said:
outlawauron said:

We haven't seen anything from Sora or R&5 yet.

And I don't see why they couldn't buy one maringally large studio. Like a Free Radical or Bizarre Creations.

Hell, they could even buy Grasshopper or VanillaWare.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

and they did buy monolith

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Kasz216 said:
Also wasn't 10 billion what Microsoft had sitting around and was considered a big deal? Or was that 50 billion?

I think it was closer to the latter. But Microsoft is a much bigger company than Nintendo, if you calculate something like Cash per Employee, I'm pretty sure Nintendo "wins".

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Kasz216 said:

I think it was closer to the latter. But Microsoft is a much bigger company than Nintendo, if you calculate something like Cash per employee, I'm pretty sure Nintendo "wins".

Well yeah there was that one arcile where like each Nintendo Employee made the company over a million in a year.  Yet got paid much less.

NJ5 said:
Kasz216 said:

I think it was closer to the latter. But Microsoft is a much bigger company than Nintendo, if you calculate something like Cash per Employee, I'm pretty sure Nintendo "wins".

most of the money ends up with top executes with that amount of money they would give janitors thousands a year.

as employee working on a company Sony > microsoft > nintendo.