By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has Moneyz in the bank .... a lot

Ail said:
HappySqurriel said:

$10,000,000,000.00 at 3% interest (above inflation) works out to $300,000,000 per year ... If that interest was re-invested into videogame development it would (probably) work out to 20 to 60 Wii games, or 50 to 150 Nintendo DS games.

I'm starting to wonder what could potentially compete with Nintendo if they could increase this cash position to $20,000,000,000 (or more) before the next generation begins ... If one console manufacturer can fully fund their entire development with the interest off of the cash they have how could anyone compete against them?

Microsoft and Apple each have 25 billion$ cash on hands, take or add a couple billions..

I doubt the cash is invested at 3% interest of higher anyway. It is probably in the safest possible investment vehicle. Nintendo isn't a financial company playing with its cash.

Finally after taxes and stuff I doubt that cash generates more than 50 million $ of interest over a year....

Microsoft and apple can't put all that money in the gaming industry llike Nintendo, now can they?

Xbox is just a small part of Microsoft and Apple means nothing in the gaming industry at the moment. Nothing compared to Nintendo that is. Apple will also never focus on games only.