By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who are bigest badasses of gaming & movie characters of all time?

Who are your favorite badass Gaming & Movie Characters?  I have a pretty large list of them so I will narrow it down to the top 5 for gaming and the movies.  If I have missed someone who you think should be on the list, just add your own!  Keep in mind these guys don't have to be EVIL characters to be badass!

I will start my list with movie characters.

1) Any Clint Eastwood Spaghetti western character-  They were always some of the baddest dudes you have ever seen.  They might not have said a lot but they could kick your ass with fisticuffs or with a gun and they would spit tobacco on your dead corpse!  Dirty Harry should be up there as well.

2) John Wayne-  He was a little before my time, even with that being said he was a real tuff son of a bitch.  If you watch any of his movies he just ooses badassness.

3) Darth Vader-  Before those woosie episodes (1,2,3) he was the real deal.  One look from him could mean your death.  And he wasn't to bad with a Saber.  His force grip would be a superpower I would kill for.

4) Uma Therman-  She totally kicked ass in Kill Bill vol. 1 & 2.  Possibly the badest female badass of all time.

5) Tony Montana-  Scarface is a masterpiece of badassness, enough said.

Notable mentions *

The Terminator, John Mclane, Ripley, Seth from Dusk Till Dawn.  Man there are so many more!

Now to the gaming side of this!

1) Master Chief- This guy is the epitomy of badassness.  

2) Duke Nukem-  Probably the original badass character in the gaming verse, he has it all including a smartass attitude.

3) Solid Snake-  Even though I haven't cared too much about the last few games of the series.  I think he should be on the list.  Old enough to be my dad, he still has what it takes to kick a lot of ass.

4) Marcus Fenix-  I probably should have him higher up on the list.  Anyone with a chainsaw rifle doesn't need any words said about him.  Just run away!

5)Sephiroth-  Badest of all the Final Fantasy bad guys.  Enough said.

Notable mentions*

Kratos, Ryu Hayabusa, James Earl Cash.

Whats on your list?

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network

Lack of Kratos on your top 1 = oh hell no.

Anyway, Movie Badass = Darth Vader... you just dont mess with him.

Game Badass = Kratos... i needn't explain why.

Charmeleon

Agent 47

His games arent as great as some of the games you mentioned but his character is definitly the most badass (mostly because he is realistic)

This guy could find a gum wrapper and think of 10 different ways to kill you with it.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Duke Nukem is 10 times the badass Master Chief is. Badasses aren't just badass because they kick ass all the time. They need style and one-liners. The reason Clint Eastwood is your #1 for films is because he always has some witty line to say while he's pointing a gun at you, like "Do I feel lucky punk?" Duke Nukem's got the one-liners down, even though he stole them from a couple films like They Live and others. No other gaming badass is comparable. They're all too serious or too emo. And Sephiroth's the biggest mama's boy in gaming history. Freud would have a field day with him.

Here's mine:

Film:
Ash from the Evil Dead trilogy. The original chainsaw arm. More badass than Jack from MadWorld or a pansy chainsaw rifle from Gears of War.

Gaming:
Doomguy. He fights his way from Phobos to Deimos to Mars to Hell to Earth. And the only line he ever saws is "A CHAINSAW!!! GIVE ME SOME MEAT!!!" Modern FPS heroes are all steroids and genetic enhancements and super suits, and they don't even destroy all of hell??? PANSIES.

Around the Network

Bruce Campbell

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

jesus kung fu magic said:

Agent 47

His games arent as great as some of the games you mentioned but his character is definitly the most badass (mostly because he is realistic)

This guy could find a gum wrapper and think of 10 different ways to kill you with it.

I was actually going to put him on the list where I have Sephiroth.  I always liked him as well.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Film: Terminator 2- Arnold Schwarzenegger.

What other badass has actually walked into a bar naked, beat up a gang of bikers with his bare fists, then forced the leader to strip off and give him his clothes, boots and motorcycle, then rode off into the night with the song "Bad to the Bone" blaring in the background?

Noone, that's who.

As for gaming, probably Kratos.

The man kills Gods for a living.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Duke Nukem is 10 times the badass Master Chief is. Badasses aren't just badass because they kick ass all the time. They need style and one-liners. The reason Clint Eastwood is your #1 for films is because he always has some witty line to say while he's pointing a gun at you, like "Do I feel lucky punk?" Duke Nukem's got the one-liners down, even though he stole them from a couple films like They Live and others. No other gaming badass is comparable. They're all too serious or too emo. And Sephiroth's the biggest mama's boy in gaming history. Freud would have a field day with him.

Here's mine:

Film:
Ash from the Evil Dead trilogy. The original chainsaw arm. More badass than Jack from MadWorld or a pansy chainsaw rifle from Gears of War.

Gaming:
Doomguy. He fights his way from Phobos to Deimos to Mars to Hell to Earth. And the only line he ever saws is "A CHAINSAW!!! GIVE ME SOME MEAT!!!" Modern FPS heroes are all steroids and genetic enhancements and super suits, and they don't even destroy all of hell??? PANSIES.

This post is so full of win that my head is on the verge of exploding. I agree with everything.

Movies- Tyler from Fight Club(you know, his alter ego), Brad Pitt as the Irish boxer in Snatch (he took about 10 hits from that huge boxer then took that guy out in one hit), Leonidas from 300.

Games- Max Paine (that guy is messed up in the head and knows how to kill people), Kratos, Dante (this guy knows he badass and definantly was in DMC3)