By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP slim sells 130,000 in first day in Japan

kber81 said:
Are your really so dumb? It's not about hacking the system... You have to get games somehow. That's the difficult part. On PSP with torrent client you can access to everything... DS force you to use cartridges (with pirated games). It's not so easy to find someone who will offer this stuff to you... I'm shocked.
Are you serious!? Kber, you shouldn't call someone dumb when you clearly haven't a clue what you're talking about. Look at my post above. I could find you links to the ROMs, but I won't.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network
kber81 said:
Daileon said:

DS is a lot, and I mean A LOT easier to be pirated than ANY OTHER current-gen device. Try again.

Are your really so dumb? It's not about hacking the system... You have to get games somehow. That's the difficult part. On PSP with torrent client you can access to everything... DS force you to use cartridges (with pirated games). It's not so easy to find someone who will offer this stuff to you... I'm shocked.

Oh, really? I don't want to offend you, but this argument just "stinks". Every "respectable" torrent tracker has "support" of DS ROMs and packs of ROMs.

On PSP you need to check if your motherboard is compatible, if the firmware version of your PSP is supported by hackers, downgrade the system, then put a custom firmware, so you can run homebrews and pirate games. After it you need a high capacity Memory Stick (since some UMD games have "big size"). Later you need to download the games (torrents on major part) that, non-ripped, uses 100 MB++ each. Some uses more than 1 GB.

On DS you buy a "flash cart", put a TF card on it and play. The downloads are a lot more popular than PSP, even having websites focused on download these games via HTTP (and they have all games). The bigger game on DS uses 128MB. No firmware check, risk of bricking or incompatibility.

I still don't see WHY the PSP is easier of pirating. And I don't think I'm the dumb here.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

What does hacking the psp have to do with this thread? You need GTA LBS to hack a psp, since there are only around 4.5million copies sold, then that means half of those that own it actually hack a psp. Hacking has nothing to do with software sales.

mM

Say this to kber.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

leo-j said:
What does hacking the psp have to do with this thread? You need GTA LBS to hack a psp, since there are only around 4.5million copies sold, then that means half of those that own it actually hack a psp. Hacking has nothing to do with software sales.

LOL you don't need GTA, you can easily hack any psp now, with just one extra battery, or you could use a downgrader tool if your firmware isn't too high, point is, piracy on PSP affects software sales, that and bad advertising.

Around the Network
KruzeS said:
Daileon said:
Are you serious!? Kber, you shouldn't call someone dumb when you clearly haven't a clue what you're talking about. Look at my post above. I could find you links to the ROMs, but I won't.

Man , the only thing I hate when dumb people call other dumb when others are actually right . All you need with the PSP is a memory card , while you do need a cartidge for the DS to play games . How ... I cant tell you , because this is a banned discussion , but is it takes more time to purchase it and set it up , than for the PSP : deffinatly . So please , just because you can find DS roms , you CANNOT play them without a modified card , while you can hack the PSP in matter of minutes ... 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:

Man , the only thing I hate when dumb people call other dumb when others are actually right . All you need with the PSP is a memory card , while you do need a cartidge for the DS to play games . How ... I cant tell you , because this is a banned discussion , but is it takes more time to purchase it and set it up , than for the PSP : deffinatly . So please , just because you can find DS roms , you CANNOT play them without a modified card , while you can hack the PSP in matter of minutes ...

I'm not going to discuss this any further. Go look at my post where I already said it's probably more expensive to do this on the DS. But harder? No, cause it couldn't possibly get any easier. Maybe it used to be harder, and maybe the PSP is just as easy, but doing it to the DS does not qualify as hard. Not when my mom could do it on her own, with all her drag'n'drop skills of working with digital photography.

And no, I'm not from Brazil, I live in Europe and guess what? I can buy your those so called "modified carts" online from such reputable stores as Amazon (liked above), or I could just walk in on a retailer like MediaMarkt and find one on display. Also, do have a look at the product page if you don't know how it works. It's a DS cart like any other, you just need to buy an off the shelf microSD for it. After that it's an MP3, pictures and videos player (marketed as such) that, oh by the way, does homebrew and... your plain old ROM "backups" too.

This with any firmware version or hardware revision; no DS games are required; no computer software is necessary; pure drag'n'drop to the microSD card; works flawlessly, some of these even with crazzy stuff like the GBA slot connection (for pokemon and such); and is basically impossible to foil by Nintendo - so much so, that they don't even bother with it anymore (unlike Sony).

I'm also pretty sure this is all explained in the little user's manual included in the box. And let's not forguet that this is one cart where you can load all your games. A couple of people I know use it purely for conveniece, after getting the tip through word of mouth (which is how I knew of it to, as the box doesn't exactly say "plays backups").

I'm sorry, but if this qualifies as hard for anyone, they're just retarded. Expensive, yeah I'll grant you that... as you end up spending a couple of game's worth of money in it. And maybe illegal and thus unavailable in some countries. But it's not hard, not by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe the PSP is just as easy - I never said it wasn't. After all, I wouldn't know, as I don't know anyone with a PSP and have no interest in it. But all this talk about needing game X, or doing whatever to a batery, and downgrading of firmwares doesn't really sound as easy as droping 30 quid for a damn cart at the local retailer. Again I wouldn't know, but never did I say I did know.

All I did was warn kber on calling other people dumb because: a) it's hard to get the ROMs, when it's just as easy); and b) it's hard to get the cart - when you can buy it online on freakin' amazon (to which I had already linked) or on an oldschool brick'n'mortar's (somewhere in the EU at the very least). But I'm glad you loved it.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

Just got my PSP Slim version in from Japan. I've got the Pink Color. Will make some pictures later. The color is amazing, looks really cool, and has a metalic glow a bit like my Japanese PS2 which is dead but I'm keeping it as a memory plus decoration. I've had a PSP since about a month after the Japanese release and the Slim version is quite different. At first the layer to pull out the UMD disc has changed comparing to my older PSP. Instead of a switch to open the layer you now have to pull the layer open to get the disc out. Feels awkward at the beginning, but its somewhat better now, as the disc won't pop out just like that.

Also the Memory Stick layer is entirely different, in a negative way though. Feels lighter than the layer in the older PSP version and I had some trouble to push the card in. The Slim PSP is in thickness half the size comparing to the older version and indeed the layout has a more raw plastic feeling, which is good as I've noticed, you don't get any finger prints anymore on the PSP! I was rubbing my PSP with a cloth all the time to get the prints of my PSP, hardly need to do that anymore....

Screen is "much" brighter and so is the sound a lot better, which was a must for me. I haven't been able to check it out on the TV as you'll need to buy a cable first and I'll need the component cable, which I'll order today as soon as I've find it. Oh yeah and yes... the PSP "does" feel a lot lighter! Feels so much better now in hand. So overal... surely one hell of an improvement and a must if you don't own a PSP yet or at least want a better one ;).

Again... no dead pixels, halleluja!

Edit: and now the weight! The older PSP weighs 285 gram, and the Slim version weighs: 190 gram.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

KruzeS said:
hunter_alien said:

I'm not going to discuss this any further. Go look at my post where I already said it's probably more expensive to do this on the DS. But harder? No, cause it couldn't possibly get any easier. Maybe it used to be harder, and maybe the PSP is just as easy, but doing it to the DS does not qualify as hard. Not when my mom could do it on her own, with all her drag'n'drop skills of working with digital photography.

And no, I'm not from Brazil, I live in Europe and guess what? I can buy your those so called "modified carts" online from such reputable stores as Amazon (liked above), or I could just walk in on a retailer like MediaMarkt and find one on display. Also, do have a look at the product page if you don't know how it works. It's a DS cart like any other, you just need to buy an off the shelf microSD for it. After that it's an MP3, pictures and videos player (marketed as such) that, oh by the way, does homebrew and... your plain old ROM "backups" too.

This with any firmware version or hardware revision; no DS games are required; no computer software is necessary; pure drag'n'drop to the microSD card; works flawlessly, some of these even with crazzy stuff like the GBA slot connection (for pokemon and such); and is basically impossible to foil by Nintendo - so much so, that they don't even bother with it anymore (unlike Sony).

I'm also pretty sure this is all explained in the little user's manual included in the box. And let's not forguet that this is one cart where you can load all your games. A couple of people I know use it purely for conveniece, after getting the tip through word of mouth (which is how I knew of it to, as the box doesn't exactly say "plays backups").

I'm sorry, but if this qualifies as hard for anyone, they're just retarded. Expensive, yeah I'll grant you that... as you end up spending a couple of game's worth of money in it. And maybe illegal and thus unavailable in some countries. But it's not hard, not by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe the PSP is just as easy - I never said it wasn't. After all, I wouldn't know, as I don't know anyone with a PSP and have no interest in it. But all this talk about needing game X, or doing whatever to a batery, and downgrading of firmwares doesn't really sound as easy as droping 30 quid for a damn cart at the local retailer. Again I wouldn't know, but never did I say I did know.

All I did was warn kber on calling other people dumb because: a) it's hard to get the ROMs, when it's just as easy); and b) it's hard to get the cart - when you can buy it online on freakin' amazon (to which I had already linked) or on an oldschool brick'n'mortar's (somewhere in the EU at the very least). But I'm glad you loved it.

Bealive it or not many people are discurieged when they need to buy an extra peripheral for their consoles , just to play pirate games . Isnt it easier to get a PSP with a 2 gb card and pop in some games . Also , not all retailers have modified DS cards , msotly because they rather sell original games , than just one card , which is often cheaper than a game ... so yeah , for a casual gamer the fact that the PSP can play from the go pirated games and the DS cannot , this could be a turn-off :? 

BTW : nice to see that many people are buying PSPs and enjoying it :) 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Japan Buys Over 300,000 PSP Slims In Three Days

And finally, the PSP shows signs of life! At least in Japan. And in direct contrast to our own, highly scientific findings. Enterbrain have announced that the PSP-2000 has sold 250,702 units in its first three days on the market. Impressive, but more so when you consider that counts only the standalone units: another 75,943 Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core bundles were also shifted, giving us a total of 326,645.