By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infamous 7/10 from Eurogamer (UK)

Seece, you don't need to tell us a dozen times in one thread that Eurogamer isn't biased. You make the point, then move on.

Bored of these petty arguments that shouldn't even happen in the first place.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Hello everyone, why all the upset. A 7/10 isn't terrible, and if YOU like the game the reviews shouldn't affect you much. Come on guys, sometimes we aren't going to agree with a review, but that doesn't instantly make the review biased...

I guess since I've yet to play the game I really can't have a subjective opinion of it myself. I doubt I feel that it deserves less than an 8.5 or 9, but everyone has their own tastes, likes/dislikes. Eurogamer is no different.

I think the real problem is all the people who are going to use the metacritic against sony as a way to bring it down. If they didn't do that so avidly, I doubt half of the people in here would care about this review at all.

Check out my game about moles ^

This is a good score for Eurogamer. Pretending it's not, is flamebait in a way, assuming you understand the situation.

That said, a review is just an opinion.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

axumblade said:
CGI-Quality said:
Hello everyone, why all the upset. A 7/10 isn't terrible, and if YOU like the game the reviews shouldn't affect you much. Come on guys, sometimes we aren't going to agree with a review, but that doesn't instantly make the review biased...

Thank you!

Pretty much I feel about all reviews...

Former something....

I doubt most even read the review, it's a good game folks. It's getting pretty annoying when if the game doesn't get 9's and 10's, it's a bad game, when the best game i have enjoyed this Gen has a score in the 80's ( Uncharted).

Relax, I know some enjoy seeing PS3 games fail, but they are the one losing on great games. Believe it or not, this is the best 3rd place Console ever.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
I doubt most even read the review, it's a good game folks. It's getting pretty annoying when if the game doesn't get 9's and 10's, it's a bad game, when the best game i have enjoyed this Gen has a score in the 80's ( Uncharted).

Relax, I know some enjoy seeing PS3 games fail, but they are the one losing on great games. Believe it or not, this is the best 3rd place Console ever.

Actually, I think you will find that Uncharted has an average review of 90% on gamerankings to 2 significant figures

InFamous probably deserved an average score like 7. I havent played it, but I am assuming in 3 months time nobody will even give the game a second thought, like all the other run of the mill action shooter type games that get released.

AND the fact that Eurogamer gives scores based on an actual 0-10 scale (Like the scale used for movies) is not bad. There was some controversey over the fact recently that video game fanboys have a major whine over a score below 6-7, treating such scores as if it were the end of the world.

Do some people honestly think IGN handing a 6-6.9 to games which are barely playable and buggy (passable) a true representation?

What's the big deal, it's just a number! It won't stop you from getting the game now would it?

Unless you fail.

epicurean said:
seece said:
epicurean said:
seece said:
epicurean said:
seece said:
forevercloud3000 said:
seece said:
LOL at people saying "ooo harsh", you havn't even played the game yet how would you KNOW they're being harsh, and don't tell me "Oh but I have played the demo!!" sod the poxy demo you havn't played the full game so stop with the stupid insults towards Eurogamer.

Well I did/ and still am playing the Demo, and come 26th of May, I will be playing the real game. When I Play the real game, and I formulate my absolute opinion on it, I assure you it will be nowhere near what Eurogamer put it. Thats just it. Eurogamer's reviews are not what people in general think of the game when they play it most of the time, which makes their reviews nonesense most of the time.

From just playing what I have in the demo alone this game could be nothing less than a 8.9, everything else is biased dribble.

I hate to even talk to you because you're so biased its unreal. How can you know a game is 8.9 from a demo? They have played the game you havn't. You saying its an 8.9 without playing the game makes YOU bias.

You havn't played the frigging game for all you know the boss is a pink fluffy rabbit that shoots carrots at you ...

Did seece just come into a thread about a game he has no intention of playing on a console he doesn't own about a review he hasn't read and call someone biased who has played the game (demo), read all the reviews, and is definetly interested in? 

I just want to make sure I got it right.

Well I'm afraid you didn't get it right, try again.

and while you're at it try readin teh whole arguement and not make shit up yeah?

What sh*t did I make up? 

I actually agree with your arguement, I just find the fact that you called somebody so biased you couldn't talk to them slightly amusing, considering the circumstances...

Exactly how am I biased? I didn't say the game was shit, I didn't say it was a 7 or a 9. I do plan on buying this game one day when I get my PS3.

I said you don't own a PS3 - check
I said you have no interest in this game - apparently I'm wrong, but I'd never seen you express interest before
You've read the reviews - seems in this thread if you've read any, its just the one that got the lowest score

forevercloud has played the demo - check
he's read the reviews - check
he's getting the game - check

So apparently I "made up sh*t" that you are interested in buying the game, and that's why you came in this thread.  Though it seems odd that you never once posted in the "official" thread where many positive reviews are posted, and instead chose to come into the one thread with a below-average score and defend the review. 

You're right, you're clearly on the up and up, my bad.

I own a ps3 (psn: Officer_Rickey), and the Infamous demo was average. The skating through the city was okay, but I didn't like the cutscenes too much and the enimies are lame. Also, if I graded KZ2 from the demo, it would be a 7 too. I'm a ps3 owner and think Infamous is a 7. Am I correct because I'm a ps3 owner too?

No big deal, it's only one review. This thread wasn't needed, just enjoy the game guys :D