By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infamous 7/10 from Eurogamer (UK)

DaGreatestHope said:
Xbot said:
lol @ sony fanboys.

Guess you missed the six 9s it has on Metacritic?

Lol @ you......9.2 on IGN, A- on 1up, Joystiq states best superhero game they ever played.

Why on earth did you give that reply, he is laughing at the sony fanboys in this thread ... I don't get your comment.

Around the Network
libellule said:
let's see eurogamer :

Halo3 10/10
GTA4 10/10

all is said

(important note : just to show that eurogamer are retarted. That doesn't mean that Infamous deserves a better score ...)

most people over rated gta4............ show me one place that gave it a decent review at time of release

seece said:
DaGreatestHope said:
Xbot said:
lol @ sony fanboys.

Lol @ you......9.2 on IGN, A- on 1up, Joystiq states best superhero game they ever played.

Why on earth did you give that reply, he is laughing at the sony fanboys in this thread ... I don't get your comment.

Why on earth is he coming here making these statements with that username?

The game is getting good reviews in about every site and it is pretty hopeless to leech onto the review that is the lowest so far, makes a few people sound desperate to continue the PS3 has no good games charade.

Should I come in and mention a 360 exclusive has not gotten review this good this year?

DaGreatestHope said:
seece said:
DaGreatestHope said:
Xbot said:
lol @ sony fanboys.

The game is getting good reviews in about every site and it is pretty hopeless to leech onto the review that is the lowest so far, makes a few people sound desperate to continue the PS3 has no good games charade.

Should I come in and mention a 360 exclusive has not gotten review this good this year?

His username can be whatever the heck he wants it to be. He is laughing at the Sony boys in this thread, I'm not saying he is right in doing that I just doing get your lame reply ...

And no because you would be wrong, TL&D got a 90

seece said:
DaGreatestHope said:
seece said:
DaGreatestHope said:
Xbot said:
lol @ sony fanboys.

His username can be whatever the heck he wants it to be. He is laughing at the Sony boys in this thread, I'm not saying he is right in doing that I just doing get your lame reply ...

DLC does not count. I am talking about hard copy games.

Around the Network
DaGreatestHope said:
seece said:
DaGreatestHope said:
seece said:
DaGreatestHope said:
Xbot said:
lol @ sony fanboys.

DLC does not count. I am talking about hard copy games.

Ooo can I throw in my rules too? If it has a PS3 logo on the box it doesn't count.

ameratsu said:
forevercloud3000 said:
BrayanA said:
forevercloud3000 said:
@Bryan

Resistance FOM:6/10(COMPLETELY off)
Uncharted: a 9.0 (Close, but still off, it was getting some pretty low ones so they thought to spice it up with a high note)
MGS4:80(a game that should have been closer to 10)
Killzone:9(a game that should have been closer to 10)
Heavenly Sword: a 7/10(A game that was close to 8-8.5)
LBP:9.5(Wierd ones like I stated where they give the most appropriate score)

And I am talking of Reviewers and from what I've seen from player consensus. And Eurogamer is not the ONLY reviewing site guilty of this.

Hahahaha. This was funny.

So ... "Uncharted: a 9.0 (Close, but still off)". Man GameSpot and Playstation: The Official Magazine gave it 8.0 and you still mourn that it is still off????

"MGS4:80(a game that should have been closer to 10)
Killzone:9(a game that should have been closer to 10)"

Sorry to disturb you, but both are closer to 9 on average. What a game is closer "in your eyes" nobody care about, except you!

The only offshoot I can see is Resistance FOM. 6/10 is just ... stupid. All other are no more then 1/10 lower or better then average.

BTW 7/10 for Eurogamer means that the game is good. They don't give 10 left and right like G4 TV.

What I said prior is that they seem to lean more towards what gets them more attention. This can lean in PS3's favor as well as against it.

.5 or less is a close margin. 1.0+ is a distance. Especially for sites that only give out whole numbers which will be averaged with sites that give out decimals.

Why does it matter if it's a distance from other reviews? Each review is written by someone who has certain tastes, likes and dislikes, and tendancies for or against certain genres. The fact that they don't align with their peers doesn't necessarily mean that they are lowballing or overrating a game, it means they have a differing opinion. Their ability to rationalize their opinion regardless of stance is important. Reviewers aren't bound by other reviewers, they are free to score it higher or lower based on their experiences.

If anything, you should blame sites like metacritic that compare aggregate scores that removes the substance in favour of a neat and tidy number.

Kind of an aside, but if you think a site does nothing but lowball games you think are great... ignore them. Find a few particular reviewers or a site that aligns with your tastes and go to them for reviews. No site or reviewer can be everything to everybody.

The thing is I dont care about reviews for myself, I care about them for others who are not as used to seeing them like I am. There is an entire world out there of gamers who don't surf the internet for reviews like I do, but they do come across them every so often. It sickens me to think that someone who might be kinda interested in this game(or any game for that matter) come across this review that completely bashes it this way. Then they won't get it, when in fact they might have really enjoyed it.

I don't look at just one review to formulate an opinion, i look at several. 60% of it is what I have seen of a game, as far as videos,demos, and images are concerned, the other 40% is interpretation from reviews and so forth. out of all the data I have been collecting on this, all of what I have SEEN has me pumped for this game, and most of the reviews have me pumped, yet then I come across this one that seems to be there if only to be a party crasher.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

DaGreatestHope said:
seece said:
DaGreatestHope said:
Xbot said:
lol @ sony fanboys.

Has not gotten a review how good? 86/100? Or a 7?

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

seece said:

Ooo can I throw in my rules too? If it has a PS3 logo on the box it doesn't count.

DLC such as L&D should not be counted(as much as MS keeps trying to do) as a AAA title because it requires that you actually OWN GTAIV. It is not a standalone game, without GTAIV you have nothing but wasted data. That my friend makes it an exspansion pack, and nothing more.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

TheSteve said:
DaGreatestHope said:
seece said:
DaGreatestHope said:
Xbot said:
lol @ sony fanboys.

Has not gotten a review how good? 86/100? Or a 7?

Between high 8s to high 9s. KZ 2 achieved it, MLB 09 achieved it and it is looking likely that InFamous will.

Notable 360 exclusives this year such as Star Ocean 4, Race Pro, Battlestations did not achieve that. So it is pointless for Xbox fans to leech on the lowest review of Infamous when their exclusives are not making numbers jump. But they go on to say how great those games are despite not garnering high scores. So according to that logic, Infamous is a great game despite the 7 score from Eurogamer.