By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii Motion Plus Videos - The Jacket

bardicverse said:
Twroo - You sure are accident prone! I hope you're not studying physics ;)

I'm really not.

The hitting the chair was pretty much the first time I used the console, so I learnt from that not to leave a chair right beside me when playing Wii Sports.

Hitting the wall was both playing Mario Galaxy, the first I was performing a spin attack pretty early on (being used to Twilight Princess made me think I have to properly shake the controller as you do the nunchuck for Links spin attack, but Galaxy is much better for it) I was just adjusting my position on the bed, so I would have had the same accident with any other controller.

If you would notice... all three times are in University accomodation, and you really don't get much space in those places.

Around the Network

It's not literally glued, it just comes stuck in the jacket.

Due to its triangular shape, you can't just pull it out easily. So it's technically safely set into the jacket in a tight manner with no exiting holes for its shape. Most people will just use it like that.

You do realize that they have to do this, right? Or else people will give them shit about how they broke their TV's playing Wii.

I don’t see why some people are bothered with this?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
I don’t see why some people are bothered with this?

Well, it kinda sucks. 

You know, its just too much stuff to do. Imagine some guy at the retailer explaining to you how to set up the thing. If he says "jacket" more than 20 times like the video does you will be running out of the store before you learn how to pass the strap.

But it aint no MAJOR drawback. The fact is that im so excited about WM+ that im diggin every little piece of information about it.

MAYBE its not glued to the jacket. I hope it isnt. But at the last IGN voice chart they confirmed that is glued....

Around the Network

Well if I were Ninty I would have done the same thing. Last thing I want is a flying Wii Motion Plus flying at a TV or another person and getting sued over it. Of course, people, on here won't think about that because they are selfish. But Nintendo has too and keeping it in the jacket helps prevent that.

I don't underestimate how silly people can be and what can happen when they flail their arms around like you know whats.

I think I will probably be taking the straps off, because I do fine the remote more comfy with the jacket, and generally in my room I won't be swinging wildly anyway.

I will probably just put straps on when I let others play.

Yankin the sucker out of the condom then tossing the condom in the trash.

Holy crap, that's like the demonstrations on airplanes when they teach you how to put on your seat belt.

And for the people that don't think the MotionPlus is actually glued to the jacket, don't you think they would've shown a step that said "Insert MotionPlus accessory in to the hole in the Wii Remote jacket"?

And since people HAVE thrown their remotes into their TV's and broken them/ hurt themselves, Nintendo has to make sure it can't happen anymore. That's why they brought out the jackets in the first place, now they just found a way to make it mandatory.

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

mowe said:
Holy crap, that's like the demonstrations on airplanes when they teach you how to put on your seat belt.

And for the people that don't think the MotionPlus is actually glued to the jacket, don't you think they would've shown a step that said "Insert MotionPlus accessory in to the hole in the Wii Remote jacket"?

And since people HAVE thrown their remotes into their TV's and broken them/ hurt themselves, Nintendo has to make sure it can't happen anymore. That's why they brought out the jackets in the first place, now they just found a way to make it mandatory.

I am pretty certain it will not be glued in.

It will however come like that in the packaging, and it's natural shape will mean it is counter-intuitive to try pulling it out for those who are not "in the know".

So, no glue, especially as I believe silicone is quite difficult to glue to things. But it will come with the jacket already on it.