By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii Motion Plus Videos - The Jacket

Pyramid Head said:
definetly cutting that off

i love my wii and all, but decisions like this blow my mind nintendo

fuck off already, i dont need the safety shit for a 1 pound piece of plastic

havent broke my tv, or killed myself/someone else yet

You underestimate the capability of Americans to sue (and win against) companies for their own mistakes.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Pyramid Head said:

You underestimate the capability of Americans to sue (and win against) companies for their own mistakes.

they should just make doods sign a waiver at the store ;)

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Pyramid Head said:

1 pound? the wii remote is barely that its like 1/4 pound with batteries. but that is besides the point so many people have broken tvs and got injured and died from wii mote being thrown i can see why ninteod is doing this wow i can tbelive u get so mad over this it cant be that hard to just cut open the plastic!!

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

Nintendo is playing safe, as always. And, as always, playing safe means less fun (friend codes anyone?) But i guess since you have TWO lock mechanisms, you are safe to rip the jacket and plug WM+ without the fear of the unit disconecting while playing.

Chrizum said:
I don't even have a Wiimote condom. It seems akward.

Haha I raw-dog my Wii gaming too. I even took the wrist straps off. If a person is dumb enough to lose grip of their Wii controller, they should volunteer to be a practice target for a firing squad.

Around the Network

What are you talking about... it's not glued in there.

bardicverse said:

I even took the wrist straps off.

Me too!

bardicverse said:
Chrizum said:
I don't even have a Wiimote condom. It seems akward.

Haha I raw-dog my Wii gaming too. I even took the wrist straps off. If a person is dumb enough to lose grip of their Wii controller, they should volunteer to be a practice target for a firing squad.

I don't have a problem with the straps, I like wearing them... nor do I have a problem with the jacket, I think it is comfy.

My problem comes with having both together, it is fine normally but it is way too much hassle to change the batteries having to pull the strap through and such.

---

As for the losing grip... I haven't done that myself, but my Uncle has with a particularly violent Wii Bowling throw, he didn't have the strap on (condoms and strap-ons... whoever said Nintendo was for kids) so it flew into our VCR and bounced off to the wall.

What I have done 2 or 3 times though is hit my remote into a wall/chair.... the first time was on the very first day I had it, in my room with my flatmates I hit the chair beside me, trapping my finger between remote and wood.
Then last year I hit the remote into a wall a couple of times as my room at Uni had the wall on the right side of the bed instead of the left I am used to, thankfully not with my finger in-between those times though.

Twroo - You sure are accident prone! I hope you're not studying physics ;)

How can you tell that the Motion Plus attachment is glued to the jacket? It looks like it could come out to me.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links