By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: Final Fantasy XIII Could Be Delayed Further.

In a meeting with Japanese press to discuss their financial forecast, Square Enix Holdings were quizzed about both Dragon Quest IX and Final Fantasy XIII. Both are obviously huge titles from an investors standpoint, and the answers given weren't exactly endearing.

When asked specifically about whether Final Fantasy XIII will be released within this fiscal year, the following reply was given:

"God knows. ... Is the truth (laughs). I'll try!"

So, although the Final Fantasy XIII demo issued Winter 2009 as the prospective Japanese release date, it looks like it might not even appear until after April 2010. Definitely not good news for Western gamers.

http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/square-enix-final-fantasy-xiii-could-be-delayed-further--402.html

Around the Network

urgh

Oh dear lord no.

I was expecting this DQIX and FFXIII in the same fiscal year is not a good idea.

13 is no lucky number...

Around the Network

At this rate they'll be able to bundle Final Fantasy 13 with the PS4.

Doesnt seem to be in line with their FY 2009 sales expectations. And the source is finalfantasyunion, kotaku stated something different on the matter.

I wont be surprised if it indeed happens though.

they should rename it to Final Fantasy Forever

So, October 2010?

I don't see why people are hyping a game so insistent upon time-consumption.And by time I mean years of development.

Call me 2 months before it comes out. Until then, we all might as well stop talking about it.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."