By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: Final Fantasy XIII Could Be Delayed Further.

You know whats even scarier? There has been little talk on ff13vs timeframe. If this gets delayed again then these two games should be released into the next generation of games. It should not take this long to make one game.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

Really funny u buy a console for a certain game but the game takes forever to release.

Rei said:
Doesnt seem to be in line with their FY 2009 sales expectations. And the source is finalfantasyunion, kotaku stated something different on the matter.

I wont be surprised if it indeed happens though.

As long as the Japanese version gets released this year, they will meet their projections.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

CGI-Quality said:
So is this for just the Western multiplatform release or that + the PS3 exclusive Japan release too?

this is for the japanese release.  and they don't start the western game until the japan one is done.  so both

Keep the jokes Coming people

At this rate FF XIV will come out before XIII !

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
At this rate they'll be able to bundle Final Fantasy 13 with the PS9.

Fixed

irstupid said:
they should rename it to Final Fantasy Forever

Pixel Art can be fun.

Final Fantasy XIV 2019...

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

A better article: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/05/19/yoichi_wada_is_a_funny_man/

- Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada is quite the joker. During the Q&A portion of an investors meeting, held today in Tokyo to announce Square Enix's earnings for the past year, Wada was asked if Final Fantasy XIII would truly be released this term. His response: "Only god knows. Just joking (laughs). We'll work hard."

A similar question was brought up for Dragon Quest IX. After considering for a moment, he said "I believe it will indeed be released."

Wada also briefly addressed overseas release plans for his company's two biggest pre-Eidos titles. For FFXIII, he said "We'd like to release it overseas this fiscal year, but at present it doesn't look likely." For Dragon Quest IX, he said that Square Enix will need to firmly establish a strategy prior to release.

---

What does he mean by the strategy prior to DQIX western release I wonder.

Yes keep delaying it at this rte It'll be realeshed for wii HD

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.