By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - JRPG's are to easy - Heres 5 reasons why

zexen_lowe said:
Xxain said:
The thing that shocks me the most is it seems that ppl dont realize JRPG's used to be like this...almost like they think I pulled this out of my ass, I guess they spoiled us so much that nobody remembers

Everybody remembers that, and it's a testament that, even when some people deny it, JPRGs have after all evolved a bit when they don't have anymore such obsolete gameplay mechanics

"Obsolete gameplay mechanics" like, say, that thing where everyone stands in a row and enters canned attack animations?

Oh wait.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

What JRPG have you been playing, son?

Xxain said:
Kos-mos said:
This is a fail thread. Try Xenogears. Try Xenosaga Episode 2, and you`ll eat those words. Oh, and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 on DS on hard mode. Good luck to ye.

I own all those except tatics, and once again minus a few optional fights they were medium difficulty

You should write "I`m a damned good jrpg gamer" instead then.

Kos-mos said:
Xxain said:
Kos-mos said:
This is a fail thread. Try Xenogears. Try Xenosaga Episode 2, and you`ll eat those words. Oh, and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 on DS on hard mode. Good luck to ye.

I own all those except tatics, and once again minus a few optional fights they were medium difficulty

You should write "I`m a damned good jrpg gamer" instead then.

Truly hard games don't exist on internet forums. 

Somehow everyone is amazingly good at every game ever made.

4. is the reason I dislike playing them(I still like them). I mean wtf, why would I have to go around looking for save point to save? Damn thats annoying...
Lunar EB for Mega CD still has the best saving option imo. You could do it everywhere and you had some points that you either used to save or to improve you magic/skills. You got them after every fight.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
Xenosaga, not Xenogears. And I can't believe you call FF12 the biggest FF breeze ever, specially considering most FFs are rather easy. FF12, though, I have to admit, had an uneven difficulty, the start was very hard, then when you got the quickenings it was pretty much mild and the end it was challenging again

FFXII was very easy. All you have to do is equip the right gambits. If I had a camera, I would record myself battling in FFXII without touching my controller.

I agree with Naum.

I definitely agree Xxain. Many people complain too much unfortunately. #1 is the biggest offense. REs challenge you to be ready for anything. Whats the challenge in fighting a Marlboro if you could spot it from a distance? There are always accessories to avoid them entirely but if you must fight, it should be random or Persona-style where you can see the enemies but not know what they are.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

@ Mirson

Apparently I was doing something because I spent hours grinding.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

wait until you try Demon's Souls :)

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX