By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Yahoo: Embarrassing defeat for PS3

alfredofroylan said:
Pipedream24 said:
:

I completely agree.  But how many people really care how many units their system moved last month? 

Well people care about movies that flop at the box office and shows that are cancelled after 1 season, it's quite common to see this kind of notes in other media.

I guess you're right.  Maybe it's just strange for me to see gaming news in the mainstream media.  It wasn't that long ago that the only place you could get any gaming info was at the newstand in gaming magazines. 

God I'm getting old. LOL

Around the Network
Pipedream24 said:
alfredofroylan said:
Pipedream24 said:
When did the non-gaming media decide to starting charming in on the console wars?

Well gaming is now a massive hobby.

I completely agree.  But how many people really care how many units their system moved last month? 

This is the whole thing:

Adults (I mean people 30 and older) are just now getting back into gaming by means of the wii. Of course, as always happens when a new experience seems to blindside them out of nowhere, becomes riveting. They've been ignoring this "hobby" for years and yet suddenly now it is simple enough for them to understand (of course nintendo has some great games to impress even more) and control.

These people, confronted with the thought that they have been ignoring an amazing thing for years, do what most normal people do. Deny the experience was ever there. Depending on how surprised they were, (ie: how much they previously held a belief that they despised the experience) the feeling toward the experience is enhanced.

Thus leading to a lot of armchair investors buying nintendo stock thinking it will make them overnight millionaires, and to families like mine and my gf's whom buy a wii and then never play it again.

EDIT: I forgot to add this important note.

This is why they care so much, because they desire the confirmation that they did indeed get swayed by a very very powerful experience, and not just a toy.

yahoo bashes everyone i remember back in 07 the 360 RROD problem rised,MS was getting bashed from yahoo left and right

its funny how everyone forgets yahoo started with the 360 and how they knowingly put out a console that had a high failure rate, they bash all consoles...but they also praise them.

Very good article!

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

lol Yahoo staff are such good for nothing trolls i swear, all they do is talk fucking shit about anything PS3 or PSP related.

This^^

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

but PS2 get a price drop right ?

Time to Work !

Man, Yahoo really hates Sony.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

I'm loving this every one gets so worked up over this

*hmm hmm hmm*

taste the fear

haha

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

So to sum up that article:

PS3 is down and it is DOOOOMED without a price cut!

Also 360 is down, BUT IT'S STILL SELLING WELL AND IT WILL SELL BETTER JUST YOU WATCH!

Yahoo are really pathetic sometimes.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective