By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Yahoo: Embarrassing defeat for PS3

mtlca66 said:
good. sony didnt lose money this month then

i dont get how people think that not selling PS3s is financially good fpr SONY. Sure they lose money on each PS3 sold but to make the PS3 say it costs $450. If they sell it they make $400 back. Thats hell of alot better then just losing $450.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network

So Yahoo says the Wii, PSP and PS3 are doomed/dead....and maybe a DS one I missed...

Former something....

yeah its a bad time for the ps3 currently but on the bright side things can only go up from here

Play Me

They do it for hits.

Say what you will about Yahoo and it's motives, but if they are telling people to hold off buying a PS3 because a $100 price drop is SURELY just around the corner, then that is exactly what a lot of people are going to do.

They read "PS3 price drop is imminent" on the internets, so it must be true.

Even if Sony was planning on holding the price until 2010, their hand is virtually being forced, unless they don't mind the prospect of PS3 sales falling through the floor, particularly in America. People will believe media predictions over company denials 9 times out of 10.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

It just speaks volumes about the ps2's lasting legacy.

From what I've observed this generation, it seems the media likes to pick on Nintendo and Sony the most. Not so much the other company. I don't think "M$ is paying them" like many will criticize. But I'm sure they have a lot of advertising revenue from them comparatively.

I never see something like "Wii double 360 sales, despite being $50 more expensive."

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Yahoo: "PS3 got pwnnnned can you put that deal back on the table MS? Pweeeze? We just realised we are worthless."

BHR-3 said:
yeah its a bad time for the ps3 currently but on the bright side things can only go up from here

Lies! The PS3 is dooomz!! Yahoo says so!

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

mtlca66 said:
good. sony didnt lose money this month then

Your post makes NO LOGICAL SENSE.

Of course sony lost money this month.  They lost 240 million $$$ in 3 months before this one.

You say because the ps2 outsold the Ps3 they made money.......NO!

The price was reduced on the ps2 so they are bringing in LESS $$$.

Yes, they are selling more ps2s, but at a reduced profit, which means less money to offset all the ps3 LOSSES.