By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Yellow Light Of Death Hits

Put it into perspective. This mainly happens to launch 60GB PS3s. How many launch Xbox 360s are there still around?

Around the Network

quiet a few from what I hear.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I had my PS3 die on me after only a month... It just stpped reading any discs. I could turn it on but any disc (game or movie) wouldn't load. Took a month to get repaired but did not cost me a dime and seeing as i only had it a month; lost minimal saves of course.

My 360 rrod on me too after less than a year. Under warranty and kept my hard disk, so no real issues there (took 6 weeks to get fixed).

Last man standing is my Wii, so fingers crossed on that one as it is no longer under warranty...

This shit happens, just gotta be patient and if after warranty, willing to spend some extra dough to get fixed... Life goes on

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Which model of PS3 usually the YLOD hits? The older or the new ones?

NoCtiS_NoX said:

Launch 60GB.

Around the Network

Even if the PS3 is within the first year, Sony requires the original receipt or else they charge you the $150.

And where I work, we've had about half of the Re5 bundles come back cause the 360 won't read the RE5 disc but it will read other games. The RRoD on them is about the same as the others (about 15%)

jasond said:
Even if the PS3 is within the first year, Sony requires the original receipt or else they charge you the $150.

And where I work, we've had about half of the Re5 bundles come back cause the 360 won't read the RE5 disc but it will read other games. The RRoD on them is about the same as the others (about 15%)

which is why I put my receipt in the box, and threw the box in the garage

I lost my Nintendo receipt, but they go by serial code instead which is really nice.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Leonidus said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Launch 60GB.

Oh I see. So does this mean the new ones are still safe (80GB)?

nordlead said:
jasond said:

which is why I put my receipt in the box, and threw the box in the garage

I lost my Nintendo receipt, but they go by serial code instead which is really nice.

Microsoft also goes by serial number

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Leonidus said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Launch 60GB.

Oh I see. So does this mean the new ones are still safe (80GB)?

Safe?  No hardware is safe from failure