By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What should we make of this?

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=6218

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Around the Network

Does anyone think a price drop for Japan is possible soon? I don't know. I know a price drop won't happen to the U.S. or other places until next year.

Mafaveli...I think you should edit your first post and copy/paste the blurb...it's not that long.

If there really is a lesser demand for the Wii right now in Japan I expect that this holiday's software lineup will alleviate that. The good news for Nintendo is that the Hardware will be in position for the holidays and there shouldn't be as many shortages.

I still think, though, that this might be due to the fact that a lot of consoles are being pushed to Europe and North America. Does anyone have any evidence that there are a significant number of Wiis sitting on shelves in Japan?

Well the last game of any note was Mario Party 8. That was what, 8 weeks ago? I don't think Nintendo has too much to worry about.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Calm before the xmas storm, sales for everyone will go up soon enough.

Also maybe the love affair with the wii is over, just why should it continue ? people had their fun not its time for Metriod and Galaxy to maintain high sales.

Nins is producing 1.2 mill a month ? right so for it to be lack of hardware they would have to be selling 1 mill a month in NA/Europe.

Around the Network

As stof said it hasn't had a big hitter for almost 2 months in Japan..
imo the sales of this whole week is a direct result of the games that are new on the respective systems

As per my standard rules for trends if it doesn't improve in the next 2 weeks numbers then its an issue. I always go by 6 weeks before something is a trend. I have consistently used it for all consoles.

Strikers was released 2 days ago now in Japan and MySims will show up in next week's numbers so its likely we will see things stabilize.

Its also important to note that all consoles have had problems the last few weeks as I have pointed out in the other threads on this topic.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Everything has been on decline in the past few weeks, and until Wii has software like Wii Fit and Mario Galaxy (the ones with stupidly long legs) it won't always hold it's sales week in week out.

Everything is falling at the moment. The Wii is still selling more than the PS2, PS3, and Xbox 360 combined, but the PSP's sudden surge with Crisis Core is making things look bad.

If you go back to the week of July 28th and compare it with the most recent week you get this...

Wii: -62.49%
PS3: -63.29%
360: -60.30%

I used the 28th because it was a corresponding high point for all 3 consoles before the downward trend in the recent weeks, so it was a good choice to be fair to all consoles.

To Each Man, Responsibility