By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 3 is the top revenue generator for Konami

According to Konami’s fiscal report for 2008-2009, the Playstation 3 was their top platform in terms of software sales during that period.

28% of Konami’s total software sold came from the Playstation 3, a huge bump up from 8% in the 2007-2008 fiscal period. The release of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots on the Playstation 3 in June of 2008 was the main reason for the huge increase.

Here is the platform breakdown for Konami software sales in the fiscal period of 2008-2009:
Playstation 3 – 28%
Nintendo Wii – 17%
Playstation 2 – 17%
Nintendo DS – 16%
PSP – 12%
Xbox 360 – 7%
PC – 2%

For comparisons, here is the same breakdown from the year before:
Playstation 2 – 34%
Nintendo DS – 24%
PSP – 16%
Nintendo Wii – 9%
Playstation 3 - 8%
Xbox 360 – 5%
PC – 2%

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-SF-Console-Game-Examiner~y2009m5d16-Playstation-3-is-the-top-revenue-generator-for-Konami

That's a pretty good jump. MGS4 helped a lot.

Around the Network

Yeah MGS4 to thank there but PES is also a mega franchise which seems to sell better on Sony consoles.

Would I be correct in saying PES is a bigger franchise than Metal Gear?

@RPG

Yeah u could say that, some may not like MGS but Everybody loves football......

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

MGS

As far as i was aware the only bigger franchises in japan than Metal Gear were Gran Turismo and Final Fantasy.

Around the Network
FootballFan said:
As far as i was aware the only bigger franchises in japan than Metal Gear were Gran Turismo and Final Fantasy.

Mario
Dragon Quest
Resident Evil

4 ≈ One

PES is not bigger than MGS

DQ is also bigger than MGS

MGS4 and PES 2009 did it for them, great games that deserved their sales

Dgc1808 said:
FootballFan said:

Mario
Dragon Quest
Resident Evil

Also:

Monster Hunter

Final Fantasy

Yakuza

Zelda

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

enough,we have many games that are bigeer than MGS in Japan.Also cause japan loves RPG's

But not many games are as good as MGS if you compare overall