By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Punchout gets a A+ from 1up, Will it outsell Killzone 2 in its first week?

My God, this game is fun! Not 10/10 quality, but it deserves to be purchased by every Wii gamer looking for a good time.

4 million + sales, lifetime.

Around the Network

lol no! this game will sell 80k tops first month.

hello how are you.

I am very skeptical about this game sales, they could be average sales or could be huge especially to the new audience, very interested in first week sales!

marcianito said:
I am very skeptical about this game sales, they could be average sales or could be huge especially to the new audience, very interested in first week sales!

First week sales probably will only tell about 1/2 the story. This is a game that's likely to sell for a while. 

It's very much a "1 person buys it, shows it to two friends, then they buy it, show it to their friends" etc. etc. etc. type of game Nintendo seems to get even now and again. 

First week or even first month sales don't tell you much about Nintendo published games anyway. I remember people saying Wii Fit's first month proved that while it was a hit, it wasn't going to be a huge blockbuster in the US (lol ... a year later it's still no.1). 

Even Nintendo games that don't top the charts for a year ... a game like Link's Crossbow Training has quietly put up 3.5 million LTD and probably still has a good deal left in the tank. What were Link's Crossbow Training's 1st week sales?