By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - inFAMOUS Only Possible on the PS3 According To Sucker Punch Employee

axumblade said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
It's bullshit that the PS3 was the only place where infamous could've been made. The 3D world of Alan Wake in the preliminary pictures looks ten times better than InFamous.

Infamous is made in a specific style. I'm not saying it couldn't be made on the 360 but what I am saying is that the games are going for two completely different styles. If Infamous were trying to make the game look like Heavy Rain or Alan Wake then the comparison would be relevent. But infamous doesn't seem to be trying to make anything like those two games with its visuals.

Fine, exclusive Alan Wake (which will have an world that is more vast), but that doesn't change the fact that the only thing the PS3 has over the 360 is storage. Infamous in no way shape or form is out of reach on the 360. Heavy Rain?....maybe. Secondly, Heavy Rain and Alan Wake shouldn't be compared; seeing that Heavy Rain is a heavy cinematic with less action and Alan Wake is all action it just doesn't add up.  

Around the Network

Oh yeah, everyone badmouthing MGS4 gfx....Chpater 4: Shadow Moses destroys just about everything out there besides KZ2

axumblade said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Avarice28 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
It's bullshit that the PS3 was the only place where infamous could've been made. The 3D world of Alan Wake in the preliminary pictures looks ten times better than InFamous.

Alan wake is not a sandbox game for one and also we have never seen "any" 360 footage of the game as of yet.  The other problem with Alan wake is we have also not seen any ingame for the pc version either (just cgi from what the developers have said).

The last video footage of Alan Wake was from 2007. Imagine how much work they've done to date. I could care less if Infamous is a sandbox game, because there are plenty of sandbox games to go around on the PS3 and the 360. It is a known fact that Sucker Punch are Sony loyalists, despite being an independant company.

Yeah. I thought they were 1st party at one point...I could be wrong about that though. Sucker Punch and Insomniac have the ability to develop for other companys yet they don't. It's sort of like how Bungie have the ability to do the same but don't. It happens all the time though....even the major big named multiplatform 3rd party companies show a bias to certain systems.

They were never owned by Sony. They've exclusively worked for Sony since 2000. They will play up the PS3 being the better system because of their loyalities, and as long as Sony pays them, I cannot blame them. It is still bullshit about InFamous not being able to be played on the 360. The games graphics are impressive, but that that impressive.

Cross-Game voice chatting only possible on XBOX 360

But war... war never changes

tyig said:
Cross-Game voice chatting only possible on XBOX 360

LOL

Around the Network

I thought it was only possible on the PS3 since the 360 doesnt read blu-ray games

Vetteman94 said:
I thought it was only possible on the PS3 since the 360 doesnt read blu-ray games

Yea its just as impossible to put it on dvd's

BMaker11 said:
rckrz6 said:
BMaker11 said:

question though. Why does everyone discredit what the DEVELOPERS of the game say? Can you program video games? Until you do, stfu. I don't care if you read an article on Wikipedia, you have no real world experience

Because every excluse that comes out for ps3  "can only be done on ps3", while we got multiplatform developrs saying the xbox is the better platform

Considering every PS3 exclusive (at least first party) is built specifically for the PS3 and around it's architecture, they are "only possible on the PS3". Whereas every multiplat and Xbox exclusive is built around PC code, which the 360 is closer to, of course the the 360 will seem better because the transfer of code is easy. More difficult to program for =/= inferior. And "more difficult to prgram" is relative. For 360 developers, sure it's harder to program for the PS3, but the guys at Insomniac, Sucker Punch, Naughty Dog, etc are probably laughing in their faces

Uncharted Was Done in C# code....

rckrz6 said:
Vetteman94 said:

Yea its just as impossible to put it on dvd's

I never said it couldnt be put on a DVD

wii sports only possible on wii

the power of the mote