By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo ODST will outsell Infamous,Heavy Rain, and Killzone 2 combined

Are we talkin LTD? Or 2009 if so I'll take that bet.

Around the Network

Bold claim and your not even putting a wager on it. Wuss.

I bet anyone a week ban that Gran Turismo 5 outsells Halo OSDT

coolestguyever said:

Finally an interesting bet !

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

coolestguyever said:

If you're talking NA sales i'll take that bet.

Every Halo game isnt capable of selling Halo 3 numbers, look at Halo Wars for example.

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:
Every Halo game isnt capable of selling Halo 3 numbers, look at Halo Wars for example.

That's a silly example.  It's an entirely different genre that has never been done right on consoles.  Halo wars works fairly well on consoles, but it would still be better on pc.  And nobody expects odst to do as well as halo 3.  Thinking it will do half as well though, isn't much of a stretch.

Great!

I'm buying inFamous and Heavy Rain though.

4 ≈ One

I don't think so. Even though Infamous and Heavy Rain are new IPs and KillZone was not a huge IP Halo ODST is an expansion meaning it is targeted to a max of 8-10 Million people. I sincerely doubt it would sell more than all of these combined.

I am rooting for ALL of them ;) especially heavy rain, we need some new type of games.

Skeeuk said:
hey guess what! id rather buy one copy each of heavy rain, infamous and kilzone 2....... over one copy of halo odst.........3 great games better than 1 great game.

Strangely, for once, I completely agree with this. That said, I don't think ODST will be great. In fact, I think Halo 3 was relatively mediocre.

...so was Killzone 2, but that's another bag of chips.

As for Infamous and Heavy Rain, gems no doubt. I'd rather have either of those games singularly than KZ2 and Halo3 Xpak combined. Also, Alan Wake.

...and even though I've played it, I'd probably have more fun playing Fallout 3 again, than with any of the games mentioned in this thread.

As for ODST's sales, yes, it will probably outsell a large number of PS3 exclusives combined. It's a halo FPS game. Look at how well the mediocre RTS game faired, simply by being called Halo, and despair.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

sapient said:
I don't think so. Even though Infamous and Heavy Rain are new IPs and KillZone was not a huge IP Halo ODST is an expansion meaning it is targeted to a max of 8-10 Million people. I sincerely doubt it would sell more than all of these combined.

I am rooting for ALL of them ;) especially heavy rain, we need some new type of games.

You fail to understand that this game will be heavily marketed. HEAVILY. Remember how Killzone 2 was marketed well? That will be a drop in the bucket. This is Microsoft's holiday game. It will not sell poorly. Heavy Rain, Infamous, and KZ2 could all sell well...and they would probably still get outsold. This game will not be markted as "It's just an expansion." It will be marketed like no Sony game has yet to be marketed. It will be marketed like Halo and Gears, and thus, it will sell tons.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.