By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo ODST will outsell Infamous,Heavy Rain, and Killzone 2 combined

SlumsofOhio said:
The_God_of_War said:
And.....? Isn't ODST only going to be $40?

It will be $60, because it is a standalone game.

No. First off Microsoft's 1st Party games are $50 dollars and they've already stated ODST will be cheaper than that.

Edit: I don't think ODST will sell that much either.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

Heavy Rain is not going to sell a million (just used my time machine) and Killzone 2 will do well to reach 3 million so in that aspect you are corrent.

GT5 will outsell Halo ODST though so meh eh, everything has a superior.

Common sense - I predictd this a LONG time ago.

HALO ODST will also get a higher metacritic scrore than those 3 sony games averaged.

It actually won't eve be close - HALO ODST will be at 5 million sold by christmas.

The 3 ps3 games will be lucky to hit 4 million lifetime combined

ODST is just an expansion pack...If GTA IV LATD failed to break 2 million I doubt ODST will do much more than a million.

humb_lumi said:

Sorry to say this for xbox fans, but quality is not related to sales....

Compare to movies: Do xbox players think that titanic is the best movie ever because of its BO?

Other thing is even if it sells 10x more than the 3 games... I'll play 3 games and they'll play 1/2 of one.... sounds good to me...

QUALITY NOT RELATED TO SALES??

Why do you own a ps3 then?

Xbox 360 has 139 games rated above 80 on metacritic.  Sony only has 93

XBOX 360 has GREATER QUALITY & GREATER QUANTITY!!!

Around the Network
mikescoff said:
ODST is just an expansion pack...If GTA IV LATD failed to break 2 million I doubt ODST will do much more than a million.

It is a stand alone game,   DLC is not

Yay

What games will be the better ones? yeah, I thought so.

Goddbless said:
SlumsofOhio said:
The_God_of_War said:
And.....? Isn't ODST only going to be $40?

It will be $60, because it is a standalone game.

No. First off Microsoft's 1st Party games are $50 dollars and they've already stated ODST will be cheaper than that.

Edit: I don't think ODST will sell that much either.

Wrong, I'm pretty sure that I've paid $60 down for ODST at GameStop.

CGI-Quality said:
Cidien said:
Carl2291 said:
And inFamous, Heavy Rain and Killzone 2 will all have a higher Metacritic rating than ODST

Combined maybe.  I don't know about heavy rain, but i'll probably own the remaining 3 within a couple months of launch.  They all look to be pretty solid games.

Snyper - these are the big ps3 games coming out.  Saying he's pitting them against excuse X is stupid.  Kinda like people telling us not to compare KZ2 and Resistance 2 before KZ2 came out.  They were both supposed to be huge system selling games, but R2 sucked so ps3 people hardly wanted to acknowledge its existance when talking about KZ2.

Resistance 2 sucked? Since when? And how is a million selling game a game that people wanted to forget existed? And who said R2 was supposed to be a big system seller? Have any links?

I will argue that Resistance 2 doesn't suck.  But I can also make mention of the cover of February 2008 Game Informer that had Resistance 2 on the cover:

SIXTY-PLAYER BATTLES

EIGHT-PLAYER CO-OP

TWO FULL CAMPAIGNS

ONE HUGE REASON TO OWN A PLAYSTATION 3.

Here is the cover:

http://www.n4g.com/reviews/PS3/UReview-250726.aspx

Resistance 2 is definitely a must-have exclusive title to Sony's console - possibly a system seller.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/gdc-leverage-will-be-key-to-sonys-victory

And I think one of the biggest games for us will be Resistance 2. We expect that, in November, to go toe-to-toe against Gears of War 2. (by Scott Steinberg of Sony in an interview).

Resistance 2 doesn't suck, but there was a bit of a hype game for it, BEFORE it apparently got smacked down by Gears 2 over the holiday.  When you compare yourself to Gears 2, you are putting yourself in the "System seller" realm (possible HUGE system seller realm).

mikescoff said:

How Is it that you know the Lost And the Dammed Numbers if take two has yet to release them?