By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS and Sony First Party Exclusive Games Comparison

Zizzla_Rachet said:
Lord N said:
EaglesEye379 said:
  And no one can say MS is failing so far in this strategy to bring arguably the best and best-selling games on the 360.

Please.

To core and hardcore gamers, the 360 has the best library out there, but to most other gamers, it's pretty damn boring.

As far as best-selling games are concerned, you might want to think again, because the best selling games this gen are on the Wii and DS. Microsoft doesn't even have a game in the top-ten this gen(and neither does Sony before anyone brings that up).

So you want to Include the Millions on Kids under 10 Getting Wii and DS as a part of the Core Market Share?

Halo 3 not Doing it for you? it's sales like week were 30k+.....

It's not just about the core and hardcore market. It's about the whole market, and right now, Nintendo has that. That's why the best-selling software of the generation is the Wii and Ds, and it's also why Wii and DS software besides just one or two games sells well even long after its been released whereas 360 software sells 75-90% of its sales in the first few months and then falls off the charts.

And if you think that the Wii and DS are only selling to kids under ten, then you're even mroe clueless than I thought.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Around the Network

This list is great.

I can't understand, however, how anyone could claim they "greatly prefer" Sony's list.

I doubt anyone has played WKC, and Gran Turismo is a demo.

You've got, from that list only, Killzone 2, Uncharted, and LBP that are really worth bragging about. Look at both of THOSE actual lists one more time, ffs.

Now, if you add MGS4, Sony is starting to show a little something, but THAT game is not on THAT list. Without it, I think the list provided for MS is clearly superior imo. Mass Effect being included, as it is, as well as both Gears games, Crackdown, Forza 2, Fable 2, and Halo 3. All of those are pretty fantastic games this gen.

So, even if you argue that the MS list PROVIDED HERE isn't clearly superior, I don't understand how you can claim anything more than a marginal preference to the PS3 list. Without MGS4, the PS3's exclusive lineup SO FAR this gen is neutered. It's just about half the reason to even own a PS3, or at least it was until LBP came out. If you prefer the PS3 list without it, then you must be apeshit over the console, when you include it in a list like that.

I think some of you might be seeing these Microsoft exclusives as bullet points, or maybe you've never actually played them. Mass Effect is GREAT. Crackdown is GREAT. Gears 1 and 2, are like two Killzone 2's. You must understand, the 360's lineup rocks. Some of the best games don't appear on the PS3. It's fine to love the PS3 and its great library, but don't degrade or marginalize Microsoft's games. They have been rocking this generation for years, and indeed have defined it for many gamers. What is this gen, without Gears of War? Much worse, with an identity crisis.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@ Zen

Are you kidding? Your opinion on Uncharted, KZ2, and LBP being the only notable games on the list is your opinion.

Not everyone shares it.

(Note: On this list, I'm undecided. It has Lost Odyssey on it, but there are enough titles to help balance it out. Like Folklore and Demon's Souls.)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@outlaw

I said sales.

Yea I know blah blah sales is not the only criteria for a good game, but we are comparing MS RPG sales of >6m and Sony RPG sales

Zizzla_Rachet said:
Carl2291 said:
Interesting stuff.

Goes to show that both consoles have a mixture of games.

MS need some first party Sport games!

NO

At what bit? The sports games?

Around the Network
EaglesEye379 said:
@outlaw

I said sales.

Yea I know blah blah sales is not the only criteria for a good game, but we are comparing MS RPG sales of >6m and Sony RPG sales <1m. And you cant even get WKC and Demons Souls in the West currently (even if you can import, a huge majority do not do this and is a significant barrier to sales).

In my honest opinion, and personal taste for RPGs, everytime I compare the list by top sales/Metacritic, there is no competition in the RPG department for me. Sure if I had a PS3 Id pick up Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea 3 but thats it and I know almost all of my peers wont be playing it whereas I can talk to days end on the other RPGs Ive already played on the 360.

Well, I'm sitting pretty with my copy of Demon's Souls. I lurv it.

And if you do get a PS3, I'd recommend you get Folklore as well. It's an awesome game. The 360 certainly has most RPGs, and they're certainly abundant. The difference is that I would only recommend 4 RPGs. (Tales, LO, Mass Effect, and IU)

I'd recommend the same amount for the PS3.

@outlaw

Ill see you Tales, LO, Mass Effect, IU and raise you Fable 2, Star Ocean, The Last Remnant and Blue Dragon.

Anyway Im so excited that Tales and SO are coming to Europe next month.

EaglesEye379 said:
@outlaw

Ill see you Tales, LO, Mass Effect, IU and raise you Fable 2, Star Ocean, The Last Remnant and Blue Dragon.

Anyway Im so excited that Tales and SO are coming to Europe next month.

Well, I wouldn't recommend Star Ocean, Last Remnant, and Blue Dragon to anyone. I'm haven't finished Fable 2, but I'll admit I forgot about it. It's very good as well.

MAFKKA said:
So sony has better first party games confirmed!!? YEAH! FUCK YEAH! OH GOD YES! IN YOUR FACE!! DIE! SUOirEstSopsihtEKatlliwyOBNaFSmatcideRPI#(!/!

house your heart? you ok?

ZenfoldorVGI said:

This list is great.

I can't understand, however, how anyone could claim they "greatly prefer" Sony's list.

I doubt anyone has played WKC, and Gran Turismo is a demo.

You've got, from that list only, Killzone 2, Uncharted, and LBP that are really worth bragging about. Look at both of THOSE actual lists one more time, ffs.

Now, if you add MGS4, Sony is starting to show a little something, but THAT game is not on THAT list. Without it, I think the list provided for MS is clearly superior imo. Mass Effect being included, as it is, as well as both Gears games, Crackdown, Forza 2, Fable 2, and Halo 3. All of those are pretty fantastic games this gen.

So, even if you argue that the MS list PROVIDED HERE isn't clearly superior, I don't understand how you can claim anything more than a marginal preference to the PS3 list. Without MGS4, the PS3's exclusive lineup SO FAR this gen is neutered. It's just about half the reason to even own a PS3, or at least it was until LBP came out. If you prefer the PS3 list without it, then you must be apeshit over the console, when you include it in a list like that.

I think some of you might be seeing these Microsoft exclusives as bullet points, or maybe you've never actually played them. Mass Effect is GREAT. Crackdown is GREAT. Gears 1 and 2, are like two Killzone 2's. You must understand, the 360's lineup rocks. Some of the best games don't appear on the PS3. It's fine to love the PS3 and its great library, but don't degrade or marginalize Microsoft's games. They have been rocking this generation for years, and indeed have defined it for many gamers. What is this gen, without Gears of War? Much worse, with an identity crisis.

Some of the best games also don't appear on the 360. You should put a big IMO before your entire post as you seem to be suggesting other people's opinions don't count by saying only KZ2, Uncharted and LBP are the only games that count.You can say Gran Turismo is a demo, but yet it counts as you get nearly the same amount of content as a full game but for a fraction of the price. Many people enjoy the games Sony are currently publishing and yes... actually prefer the Sony list by a long way. I personally think they're about equal. The table also seems to suggest this giving, even though it gives Sony a whooping 1.2% over the MS published games.

And, as you expressed yours, IMO: Mass Effect is good, but could have been better (like KoToR or Baldurs Gate), Gears 1&2 are good (but I actually prefer KZ2) and Halo3 is the most overated game of all time. On the PS3 side I actually think LBP is a bit dull, Uncharted to be great, heavenly sword also great and R1 & 2 to be about average.